Accidental Date

Adrien

Boredom didn't come close to how Adrien was feeling at the moment! It had been less than 5 minutes in the car and he was already willing to open the door and throw himself out onto the street. The only problem being that with the speed (or lack of) of New York traffic the whole opening the door and dramatically diving wouldn't quite have the effect he was going for.

The road was at a standstill and unbelievably the horns blowing outside were not the most annoying noise he could hear.

"So then, your father said I would look perfect on your arm and I have to say I really agree."

Unfortunately, I don't!

Somewhere, deep in his mind, he was already scrambling out the car and running back to Marinette arms wide open and begging for attention like a stray unloved cat. Unfortunately, instead he had to smile politely at his 'date' and act as though he was interested. He'd rather eat a chilli and rub his fingers in his eyes.

The mind numbing conversation had him doing the one thing he'd promised himself he wouldn't... messaged Miss Dial back.

His mind was spiralling out of control as he thought back to what had just happened between him and Marinette. Had he really got it all that wrong? When he thought they were having fun and teasing each other it was just him blatantly insulting her time and time again? No wonder she'd called him a pompous jackass — he well and truly proved it.

He remembered back to Félix's wedding where in his speeches he made a comment about the fact that Marinette had only made Kagami 20 minutes late which was a record all around. Man, he really was a dipshit!

A quick glance to his phone and he just wanted to jump through it and reach her. To get onto his knees and grovel for forgiveness.

A cough sounded next to him and he realised what's-her-name was waiting for a reply. What had she said again?

"Yeah, sure."

Lighting his phone up, Adrien looked at the last message he'd sent.

Mr Unknown (7:11pm): Unfortunately, can't talk right now. On a date.

Why the hell had texted her that? It wasn't like he was actually on a real date. Just another time his father had set something up to make Adrien look less of a useless romancer and more of a Lothario.

Marinette was stubborn though and he hoped she would be pissed off to continue messaging him. The bait had been set, she just needed to take it.

Not a second later, his phone buzzed in his pocket. There she was. He had been right. Without any doubts who was on the other side of the phone he was smiling before he even read the message.

Miss Dial (7:13pm): On a scale of 1-10 how attractive is your date?

So, she wanted to be nosey? That was fine, he could play. He looked to the side and studied the profile of the woman sitting next to him. His father had chosen well again in the looks department. She was all long legs and long golden hair. He was quite sure as they left the car they'd look like Barbie and Ken; all perfectly bronzed and perfectly proportioned — unlike the petite woman who'd manhandled him in the park the previous day.

He rubbed a thumb over his lower lip with a smile, she'd have been so easy to lift up and push against... he really needed to stop thinking about kissing her.

Attention back on his phone, he thought about what would entice her into continuing the conversation. Only one answer would do the job.

Mr Unknown (7:14pm): A definite 11.