Bloodstained Roses

It was as if time stopped. Harper screamed in pain as the blade was pushed through their chest. Trinity shrieked in horror, and was about to jump the man, when Anya ran in and held her in place.

The man ripped the blade out of Harper's back, and they fell to heir side immediately, blood spreading in a puddle around them. He locked sights with Trinity, who was crying with pain.

"Why?! Why did you do it?!", she screamed.

"I always knew you lot would be trouble", the man chuckled. Trinity turned towards Anya.

"Let me go! I'm going to.. I'm going to..", she threatens between sobs.

"Trinity, we have to go..". Anya tried to pull her away, but she fought back, trying to charge the man.

"Trinity, he's armed, you wouldn't be able to win!", Brooke insisted.

And soon the man started walking towards Trinity and Anya, holding the sword. Anya and Brooke tried to pull Trinity away, but she wouldn't budge. The man had raised his sword, Harper's blood staning the silver blade. But Trinity would still not budge.

Dylan was quick to run to the group's defense. Holding his gun, he quickly aimed for the man's chest and fired. The shot hit, and the man fell to the floor, with the sword next to him.

"Come on, let's get out of here, quick". Dylan hurried the others along.

Trinity, in the meantime, won her fight against Anya and Brooke, and dashed towards Harper's body. She dropped to her knees, sobbing, her tears staining the floor. Brooke grabbed the sword, about to push it into the man's throat, but Dylan quickly stopped them.

"No", he said. "He'll be out for a while. We don't need any more bloodhsed. Please"

Brooke reluctantly put the sword back on the floor

"Thank you"

The group stood by for what felt like almost an hour, letting Trinity cry. That is, until the man on the floor started moving around, signalling that the sedative would wear off. Then Anya and Brooke quickly approached her.

"Trinity, we have to go", Anya incited, quickly.

This time, Trinity didn't fight back. She let Anya help her onto her feet again, without objections. Dylan picked up Ashley again, and the group stealthed away.

"Where do we go now?", Brooke whispered. Anya shrugged

"I don't know", she replied. "We need to get back home, somehow"

"Well, a big ship like this one's gonna have some kind of an escape pods, no?", Dylan butted in.

"Yes, but where?"

"We'll just have to look around"

"How are we supposed to-"

"Halt!"

A group of five guards appeared on the other side of the hall. This group didnt wield guns, but they carried heavy batons at their belts.

Upon seeing them, the group began running again. But the guards were faster. The group kept running, as fast as they could, but the guards were looming closer and closer. Especially Dylan, who was carrying Ashley's unconcious body, had some trouble. He was a lot slower than the rest. And multiple times, it looked like the guards were going to catch up to him.

When it seemed as if it was the end, the group finally came to an elevator. Brooke, who got there first, hurriedly pressed on the button to open the doors. The group looked behind, watching the masked guards running towards them. The doors soon slid apart.