5 - Katsuro Uzui and a Painful Dream

I felt like I was floating- no, sinking. I was just walking back from a mission like usual. The wisteria trees within my line of sight. 

"They're pretty aren't they?" I heard a voice say next to me.

"Huh? I guess." I didn't look next to me cause I didn't feel the need to.

"I can't wait to see the look on Mom's face when you show her the nasty scar on your arm."

I rolled up my sleeve and there was a scar almost wrapping around my bicep, what was it from? Wait, and Mom? How does he know Makio? I looked beside me and saw him. My older brother, still a human and a demon slayer alongside me. 

"YEAH! I bet Momma's gonna freak out though!" I commented.

"And Mother's gonna scold you for being careless."

"Dad's gonna be proud."

We entered the wisteria forest and ran through it back home. We went into the kitchen.

"You're okay!" Suma exclaimed.

"Yeah! Except for this!" I pulled up my sleeve to reveal the scar only to see that it wasn't there anymore. "Nevermind, I'm gonna go wash up before dinner."

I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with some water. I looked back into the basin to see me but panicked.

"YOU NEED TO WAKE UP! THIS ISN'T REAL! "

"What?"

"I KNOW YOU WANT KATSURO BACK BUT THIS ISN'T REAL! WAKE UP AND FIGHT!" 

"How though?!"

"There's something that needs to be cut and it's just in your reach!"

I was at my dinner table with my family.

"Y/n, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just need some fresh air."

I got up and went outside. 

Something I need to cut? Just out of my reach? What do I- oh no.

I gazed at my sword. I needed to cut my own neck. With a hesitant motion, I pressed my blade against my neck, pushing through it. 

I awoke on my train seat. The sound of metal clanging from the roof rang in my ears. I swung through the window to the roof of the train.

"Y/N!" 

"TANJIRO!" I was glad to see him. "Where are the others?"

"Asleep." At that moment, the metal burst open as inosuke flew out.

"LET'S FIND THIS DEMON AND KILL HIM!" I yelled.

"Y/N WAIT!"

I felt myself be sucked down into the train.