18 - Target practice and an eating competition

Tanjiro had been in a coma for the last two months after the battle. My arm was still healing and in a cast. On a lighter note, guess who got their ass promoted? ... me:>. So yeah, you can just call me Y/n Uzui, the light hashira, pretty badass right? On a not so lighter not, I was worried about Tanjiro, I didn't know if he was gonna wake up. I walked past his room and heard his voice.

"Where... Where am I?"

I went to his side and knelt beside his bed.

"Tanjiro?"

"Y/n? What happened?"

"You've been in a coma for two months. You passed out after we found eachother. I mean we all did but you've been out the longest. I'm just glad you're awake."

"Zenitsu and Inosuke? Are they alright?"

"Zenitsu just got back from a mission and Inosuke's been doing Inosuke things."

"What about you?"

"Yeah I'm alright, I got promoted."

"Wait what?"

"I'm a hashira."

"That's amazing."

The rest of the girls barged in after finding out that Tanjiro was awake. Aoi started crying and hugging him.

Bitch back off my man . Eh I still love you girly.

"Am I hallucinating Inosuke on the ceiling?"

We all stopped and looked up at the ceiling. LOW AND BEHOLD Inosuke was up there somehow! 

"Oh that's where you were."

Inosuke jumped and landed on the bed. 

"HAHAHA I AM INVINCIBLE!"

The girls started trying to get Inosuke off him and out of the room.

"GUYS SHUT UP!" Everyone stopped when I yelled that. "He fell asleep."

Everyone walked out and when everyone left, I gently kissed Tanjiro on the forehead before leaving. Bold move I know. 

A week later, I went to go see Tanjiro again. When I got to his room I stopped and leaned against the doorframe. He was standing on his bed and lifted one of the butterfly girls like a superhero.

"I'M LIKE THE WIND!"

"Let me go next!"

"You're full of energy." I laughed, folding my arms. He put the girl down and hugged me. 

"Hey!"

"Wow more energy than I thought."

The girls looked like they were holding back squeals of delight and I gave them a warning glare. Tanjiro pulled away but kept his hands on my shoulders. 

"While I was asleep, did my sword arrive?"

"Sword?"?

"Yeah. Didn't Haganezka bring me a sword to replace the sword I chipped?"

I clamped my mouth shut remembering the letters sent.

"He sent letters if you wanna see them."

I showed him the letters and he went stiff. In my vocabulary, he pretty much said, 'I'M NOT MAKING YOU ANOTHER FUCKING SWORD!' so yeah that's fun.

"Maybe you should go to the village."

"Village?"

"Yeah the Swordsmith Village and talk to them directly. OH! Also I need go there too. I need to pick up my new weapons."