16 - Am I dead?

"Y/n? Y/n!" I heard a voice say. I woke up in my bed and over me was Katsuro and those big red eyes of his. "Boo!"

"AHH GET OFF ME!"

"HAHA! GOT YOU AGAIN! Seriously wake up."

I thought I heard someone else screaming the same thing.

"Huh?"

"WAKE UP!!!!"

"Dude shuzh I'm awake!"

"No your not..."

"What?"

Katsuro gripped my shoulders.

"He needs you."

This woke me up truly. The entertainment district was burning. Dad was next to me, still unmoving. Tanjiro was fighting Gyutaro and Zenitsu was close to beheading Daki. I knew something had to be done. I picked up the chain of my dad's weapon. Dad woke up and stopped me. 

"I'll take it from here, you're not getting anymore hurt than you already are." He was right. My shoulder was bleeding, my leg was barely functional and I think I have a concussion. I didn't care. I got up and ran after the fight. Tanjiro ran beside me. Dad pinned Gyutaro down so it was up to me and Tanjiro. Tanjiro's lower jaw was impaled by a sickle and my bicep impaled by the other. 

"I'M NOT BACKING DOWN! NO MATTER WHAT IT TAKE! I'M GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU!" 

I felt my skin burning and my eyes stinging. I was blinded by a bright light. It was so close, almost like it was coming from my eyes. My hands were covered in glowing patches of light as I put everything I had into decapitating this demon. I screamed in pure exhaustion as Tanjiro and I pushed through the demon's neck. We were almost there, just a little bit more. A light flashed from my sword as it snapped through the last bit of the demon's neck. I fell to my knees, we did it. Wait no, something isn't right. I combated the poison that seeped into my blood. Dad kept yelling at me and Tanjiro but I didn't know what he was saying. Wait, that demon... it hasn't disintigrated yet.

"YOU GOTTA RUN!" Blood blades exploded from the demon's body.