Roomates *Vin

Hey y/n, now that you are home from work do you wat to jump on and play with me?" Your roommate Vinny asked you as you walked into the living room while he is currently playing the xbox.
"I have a lot of cutting to get done for my hallway bulletin board at work, but I can sit out here and keep you company while I do it if you'd like?" You respond.
You smile at him while setting your bag down and going to get an extra pair of scissors.  You know he is going to wind up helping you cut everything out, he always does.  Honestly you are lucky to have him as a roommate, you had a mutual friend recommend you to him when he was looking for a roommate and you decided to go for it.  The two of you work out really well as roommates, and have become really close.  You don't really fight and if you are both home you spend quite a bit of time together, this last year has been great.  And half the time he is on tour regardless so then you basically live alone, and he gets someone to watch his house while he is away so it is a win-win.
"What is your new theme this time?" Vinny asks you without once looking up from his game.
You sit down and start cutting before responding, "Spyto the Dragon. The quote is Dragon our feet into fall.  It's going to replace my Super Mario board."
"I doubt your 2 year olds are going to know Spyro," he responds giving you a playful nudge to the shoulder. 
"Probably not but they will recognize that it is a dragon.  Plus I am running out of video game ideas but everyone expects that board to be a video game of some kind now because the last 3 have been video games." You roll you eyes as you get to work cutting things out.
"Just give me a damn pair of scissors so I can help you get done faster and then kick your ass at Rust that much quicker," he sighs putting the controller down on the arm of the couch next to him. 
You smirk and grab the extra pair you already had ready for this to happen.  He always winds up helping you with it one way or another when he is home.  You figure that is what he gets for accepting a lead daycare teacher for a roommate. 
"You look pretty relaxed today, your crazy child must have been gone today? I don't remember the last time you've seemed this happy after work in awhile," Vinny says as he starts cutting out your letters for you.
"No he was there, he was so bad that he was sent home by 10 this morning.  He pushed my toy shelves over ripped things off the walls, bit me hard enough to draw blood and kept beating the shit out of the kids.  His grandma was pissed about coming to get him but he needed to go as bad as he was today.  The rest of the day was good after he left and I was able to actually interact with the other kids." You grimace thinking about the bite mark on your hand, not really wanting to remember what was going on.
"Why has he still not been kicked out? I don't get why they keep allowing this to happen. Anyways, I was just curious because you seem so relaxed." he glances up at you, trying to see where your mood is before speaking again. "So remember that girl I told you about, Hannah? She asked me on a date for Friday a little bit ago."
You pause what you are doing for a second, you were not prepared for what he just said in the slightest.
"I didn't realize that you two were getting that close already, what do you think you are going to do on your date?" you ask, not wanting to seem rude or upset.
"Just out for dinner from the sounds of it.  I don't honestly see this getting serious but I don't know.  It doesn't hurt to try and see where it goes," he says to you.
"You could have almost any woman you could want and you are going to go on a date with one that you don't see yourself staying with? I don't understand your logic at all," you question him.
"I could see myself with her just don't know if it would be long term because I keep getting hot and cold vibes from her." he rolls his eyes at you.
You decide it is just best to drop the subject, pushing the subject too much is going to upset both you and him and ruin your night.  Plus if you push things too far he might figure out your feelings, and the last thing you need is for him to know is that you've genuinely developed strong feelings for him and make him feel awkward.  Its quiet for a minute while you both try to decide what to say.
Vinny chooses to break the silence, " What about you, isn't it time for you to start looking again now that you are settled in here with you job and everything? Have you met someone?"
You immediately panic and find yourself flushing at his words, the blush on you cheeks getting intense as you figure out what to say. How the hell do you answer without making it obvious?  Vinny looks up at you and smirks when he sees the blush growing.
"You must have someone you like, your blush gave you away!" He says with a laugh, teasing you. "I've told you about Hannah, tell me about him what is he like?"
"You sound like a teenage girl right now.  There isn't anything to tell you, I like him and he sadly isn't interested in me.  But I don't expect someone like him to want to be with someone like me," you say with a shrug. "I'm not exactly the most beautiful girly girl that fit his type."
You try hard not to let your insecurities start to eat you alive as you finish cutting the last gem you had to finish.
"Then you should find someone else, don't dwell on what isn't there." Vinny quickly says throwing you a smile.  If only he knew....
You both continue to talk as you finish cutting things out, when you finish he hands you a controller and you join in, playing with him for about an hour before you excuse yourself to take a shower and go to bed.