Fake Boyfriend *Vinny

Everyone has slowly left game night which you were hosting at your house now, except for Vinny.  This is nothing new for both of you, he always tends to linger when you are hosting and you do the same when it is at his place.  The two of you find that you always spend quite a bit of free time together ever since you moved to the neighborhood several months ago and started working for the band touring as a merch girl.  The two of you have pretty much become best friends in the six month time frame, and honestly you have no complaints that he is lingering at your place, you like having him around, more so than you would ever admit outloud.
You find yourself lost in your head as you start to clean up the paper plates and cups that the other guys and their girlfriends left tonight.
Your thoughts are inturrupted by Vinny who is starting to help you clean everything up. 
"What's up with you tonight? You seem a little stressed out and frustrated compared to usua," he asks you as he follows you to the garbage in the kitchen with his own stack of garbage.
"Remeber how I told you that my grandma is turning  95 and we're all going out to dinner tomorrow night?" You ask him as you return to the living room, both of you taking a seat on the couch next to eachother.
"Yes, is something wrong?" he questions.
You look down embarrassed, not wanting to admit what you are about to. "So I know I have told you before that she always has given me shit about being single, that I am the grandkid that is destined to be forever alone.  Well a few weeks ago she started on one of her rants about it and I was annoyed so I told her I was starting to see someone to shut her up.  Last night we were talking on the phone and she told me that I am uninvited if I don't bring my new boyfriend with me..... And I don't have one.  So now I either need to fake a break up or find a boyfriend before dinner tomorrow."
Vinny laughs at you, straight up full belly laughs. "So what your saying is that if I am not busy, which I am not, that you need a fake boyfriend with you to go with you? I will glady do it.  We know eachother well enough that I don't think we'd be suspicious."
You look up at him confused, he sounds serious but there is no way he is actually volunteering to pretend to be your boyfriend.  You are absolutely shocked that he would even suggest this.
"Are you serious or are you fucking withme? You are never serious," You say, wide eyed.
"What? We go see your family, hold hands and pretend that we are dating.  We know eachother so well they wont be able to tell we aren't actually together and your family will be none the wiser, and I get free food out of it.  So why not?" He says looking at you with his charming smile that always makes you give in to what he wants.
"I- I fine," you agree with a stutter, avoiding his eye contact. "Thank you I guess?"
"You're welcome, what are friends for? Anyways, it is almost midnight, I better get home so we both have plenty of sleep before tomorrow," he gives you a quick hug before walking out the door to his place.
~~~~~~~~'
The two of you make the hour and a half drive back to your hometown, talking and singing along to the radio like you always do when you are in the car or the tour bus together. 
Your mind is racing the entire drive, unsure of how you feel about this.  Truthfully, you would love to be with Vinny, having a crush that developed a couple months back.  You would never actually admit this to him. Because there is no way he feels the same, he probably sees you as one of the guys honestly.  But what if this changes things somehow? What if holding his hand and acting like you are in a relationship makes you struggle that much more with your feelings and makes you want him more? What if he somehow can tell that for you this isn't just pretending? 
Before you know it you arrive and you glance up at Vinny with a nervous glance before looking out of the car at the entrance. 
"Relax y/n it is goung to be alright.  We are going to hold hands, be absolutely adorable together and nobody will ever know the difference.  Now lets get out there and woo some people," Vinny says with a smile.
Both of you step out of his car, making your way to eachother and grabbing hands.  You've got to somehow look connected in some way right? Truthfully though, you are enjoying the feeling of his hand in yours way too much, which scares you.  These little touches and glances you keep giving eachother are only for tonight and that thought makes your stomach drop.
As you step into the restaurant your grandmother is the first one to notice the two of you walk in to the party room they reserved in the back for this get together. 
"Wow Y/n! I honestly thought that you were lying about being with someone finally," she says as she pulls you into a hug.. You can feel the blush on your face forming at her words.
"Sorry to disappoint but I was serious, Grandma this is Vinny, my boyfriend," you say introducing them to eachother. 
She immediately moves to pull him into a hug as well, shes always been affectionate with people.  "Nice to meet you Vinny, you're a real catch huh?" she asks with a wink. You find yourself blushing yet again.
She drags you over to the rest of your family where you introduce Vin to everyone there.  Everyone is mingling over dinner when it arrives but that doesn't last long.  Your brother and father decided that its time to apparently interrogate Vinny and start in with questions. 
"So how long have you had a boyfriend, I don't remember you mentioning this to me the last time we talked last week or ever honestly," your father asks, closely watching your reaction.  He doesn't fully buy this story that you've had one for a few weeks now.
"Uh it has only been a couple weeks, but we've been friends for almost six months.  He was one of the first people I met when I moved," you say reaching for your wine and taking a sip trying to soothe your nerves.
Vinny has had ahold of your hand under the table for awhile but gives it a reassuring squeeze which helps calm your nerves a little bit.  He also sends you a quick smile when you glance over at him.
"So what do you do for work Vinny?" your brother asks, still undecided on  what he thinks about Vinny.
"I'm the drummer in the band Motionless in White.  I have been doing this for 8 years now give or take a little.  I gave up pretty much everything to audition and join the band and it worked out in my favor," he responds cooly.
You are impressed, if he is nervous he is hiding it really well.  He seems completely calm and collected.  Which is probably good because that is what is keeping you from slowly sliding out if your chair and into the floor from embarrassment.
"So you must tour a lot, do you actually think you can trust him and handle being away from him for months at a time with your anxiety Y/N?" your father asks with a tone that lets you know he isn't thrilled with the idea.
"Considering that the band he is in is the one I work for as the head merch and sales person and am on the road with them yeah.  And even if I wasn't I absolutely trust Vin, he is a great guy dad honestly." You say meeting his eyes letting him know you aren't wavering on your opinion of this.  Vinny can tell that you are starting to get worked up a little and starts rubbing your hand with his thumb to try and bring you back down a little bit, it works.
"I forgot about your new job, I take it that is how you two met?" your father asks glancing at both of you.
"No, well kind of? We are neighbors but I had the job before that, however my first time actually meeting him was as neighbors and thats when we realized that I worked for his band," you respond.
"I have one last question," your brother says. "I promise I will leave you alone after this.  Just looking out for her given her previous choices in men."
You flush at his words, bringing your hands up to hide your face.
"Why  are you even interested in Y/N? I am sure you meet plenty of attractive and interesting women with your job and could land damn near any of them so why her?" your brother asks.
You hold your breath at this question, this is the one that could get you in trouble.  How good of a liar can he be that he can make it seem like whatever he says is true.  But you are also interested, maybe some of what he says could be true?
You glance up at Vinny, who takes hold of your hand as soon as you put it back in your lap.
"Honestly, she is one of the most beautiful women I have met.  As far as that goes she wins hands down.  But we truly fit well together, shes always there for me for the good and the bad.  When we were just friend she was there for me and she still is.  When my depression was getting bad she refused to let me be alone and was always the first person talking to me and making sure I was alright.  I am pretty sure she single handedly pulled me out of it.  She isn't afraid to give me input and call me out for my dumb ideas. The more I learn about her over time the more I am impressed with her and want to be with her. She means the world to me," Vinny says. 
You find yourself at a loss for words, part of you feels like you can absolutely believe what he is saying and that he is being truthful.  Either he really has feelings for you or he is one hell of an  actor.
Your family all go quiet before breaking into conversations and finally leaving the questioning of you guys behind.  Your father and Vinny are off in their own little world while you sit there processing everything and thinking.
Before you know it everyone decides it is finally time to head home.  Your grandmother gives both of you another hug.
As you hug your father goodbye he whispers in your ear, " that boy clearly cares a lot about you, I approve. His words make you smile, happy with the fact your family likes Vinny.
Both of you sit in the car quietly,  tension setlting over the both of you that you can't quite figure out the cause of, making you wish the drive wouldn't be a long one.
About half way you decide to break the lull "Thank you again, I really owe you for this.  The funny part is as we were leaving I was informed that they like you and approve of you.  The only boyfriend my family has liked and we are lying to them."
"Thank you for letting me come, I had a good time even if your family interrogated me like I killed your sister or something," He says smiling at you quick before looking back at the road.
You both let the quiet settle back over the car, letting the radio drown out the silence and making it feel a little less tense.  You are glad when you finally arrive at your house, ready to leave the awkward feeling. 
You bid a goodnight to Vinny and thank him again before stepping out of the car and walking up your driveway to your front door. 
As you turn to starting locking your door you hear Vinny yell after you," Y/N wait!"
You turn around to see him running up your drive way towards you before stopping in front of you, causing you to look up at him due to the height difference.
"I figured out how you can pay me back for tonight," he says as you both make eye contact.
"Okay and?" you ask as you shiver from the cold of the night against your skin.
He goes silent for a second, making you nervous as you notice that he is taking a deep breath.  One of his hands grabs the back of your shoulder as the other cups your cheek, making you look back up at him.  You find yourself shivering at the close contact, wondering what the hell he was up to.
Before you can figure out what is going on he leans down, closing the gap between the two of you.  His warm, soft lips are moving slowly againsy yours, making you freeze out of shock.  When you shake the shock off and realize what is happening you wrap your arms around his shoulders, moving your lips against his before he pulls away, resting his forehead on yours.
Both of you are silent, processing what just happened between both of you while your arms are wrapped around eachother.  Neither of you were sure what to say after that. 
Finally Vin breaks the silence.
"Maybe what I said to your family about why I am interested in you is true.  And maybe we don't have to lie to them about us." He says softly, looking at you to see your reaction.  " You can pay me back by agreeing to a date and possibly starting a relationship with me."
You smile and just nod your head before he pulls you into a tight hug, you resting your face against his chest.
Maybe for once in your life lying has worked out in tour favor.