23. Protocol: Fall and Rise of Hunters

opening plays

Next Day

4 hours before the fall

Ironwood, team RWBY and I are now in the infirmary.

Ironwood: I'm sorry of what happened.

Yang: But he almost killed me while my arm is burning!

Yang said it with her right arm bandaged with blood stain came from the burn, on it.

Y/n: The video and millions of viewers said otherwise. They even wanted you to get back to the fight after you recovered.

Weiss: But Yang would never do that.

Ruby: Yeah!

Ironwood: You all seem good students and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did. Under normal circumstances. But I believe, and hope this to be, nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline.

Y/n: 'Say that to yourself.'

Ironwood: When you're out on the battlefield, your judgement can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight has passed.

Yang: But I didn't-

Y/n: Yang! 

She stopped talking and everyone else is silenced including Ironwood.

Y/n: The only sad truth is when it comes to the people who watched it. Whether it was accident or not, it didn't matter for them. The whole world saw your condition. They're only matter is you get recovered. They're already drawing their own assumptions of it.

Blake: What does that mean?!

Ironwood: We're just getting there. But I'm here to tell you you'll be put on hold for now. We'll find you a new opponent, especially Mercury as well.

Blake: Wait, is it-

Ironwood: It means that match is invalid. We'll find you both a new opponent. Me and your teammate will talk about what happened yesterday.

They left and the whole team talked about what Y/n said about the citizens opinions and facts about it.

Yang: You guys believed me... right?

Ruby: Duh!

Weiss: You may be hotheaded, but not ruthless. 

Yang looks at Blake.

Yang: Blake?

Blake: I want to believe you.

Weiss: Huh? What's that supposed to mean?

Yang began to show tears a little bit 

Yang: Blake?

Blake is still thinking about what Y/n said.

Weiss: How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Blake just looked at her reminiscing the old days.

Blake: I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant, it was gradual... Little choices began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents, then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just... very... familiar.

Yang's tears began to fall.

Blake: But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So, I want to trust you. I will  trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me he tried to attacked you then your arm starts to burn up. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did.