The Interviews

There's only one day left. Tomorrow we will enter the arena. I'm excited and a little bit nervous. The score definitely gave me a confident boost even though I had hoped for a higher one. Cato was so sweet to me when we met up in the training center. He had congratulated me and it actually felt genuine. Even Clove seemed to be in a pretty good mood for once. We all got a confident boost apparently. We spent the day making up a strategy for the bloodbath. It wasn't a complicated plan but we still had to talk about a few things. Obviously we would run to the cornucopia first and get a weapon. After that - the fun will start. There's a reason it's called "bloodbath" and we would kill every single tribute who dared to stay.

The day passed by and we had come up with a good strategy for the games. We ate a big meal in our respective apartments and got ready for the interviews which will take place in just a few hours. My prep team showed up right on time and started working on me. They brushed my hair, curled it and put on some makeup while gossiping about something stupid. I didn't really care about what they were talking about to be honest. The people living in the capitol were often ignorant and selfish. Instead I spent my time thinking about how I'm supposed to act and what to say. Cashmere didn't have a hard time coming up with an interview angle for me and we spent the whole afternoon preparing for it. I felt confident. I've basically been practising for this interview my whole life. I knew what I had to do to get them to like me.

When my prep team felt happy with me they called in Vance. Apparently he couldn't waste any time supporting me. A few moments later he walked into the room with a dress. Or well.. a part of a dress would describe it better. He held it in front of me to take it so I did. None of them were going to look away so I stripped down my clothes and got dressed in the provocative see-through golden silk dress he had made for me. He looked very pleased with himself when I spun around. I had to look confident or the sponsors will know it's just an act. Fake it til you make it right? I looked at myself in the mirror and I couldn't help but feel sexy. Maybe this won't be so hard? The dress hugged my curves perfectly and hid my most private parts - leaving the eyes to want more.

I met Marvel in the living room. He was dressed in a blue suit with matching trousers and he looked really good in it. I gave him a kiss on the cheek and we linked arms while we stepped into the elevator. Marvel made me feel safe somehow. He didn't comment how see-through my dress was nor did he look like he wanted to jump me. He only told me I looked very pretty and that was it. I had a feeling Marvel might not be into girls. Most men would drool over me right now but he only acted like any other day. I loved that about him. It allowed me to relax, not feeling used in any way. I let myself be open and vulnerable around him. From out of nowhere I gave him a hug. He looked concerned at me with those pretty blue eyes but still returned the hug without a word.

Marvel and I were the first ones to arrive this time as well. We quickly walked towards where we were supposed to line up. I stood first in line since they presented the girls first. I turned to Marvel and looked at him. His tie was a little bit loose so I tightened it and gave him one more kiss on the cheek and a hug. He smiled at me but he somehow managed to look worried at the same time. Was it stupid to be this affectionate with him? No, it would only make me seem more desirable. I did however start to worry if I began to care too much about the boy. But for now I needed some comfort so that will be a future Glimmer problem. Maybe I won't have to be the one killing him.. I saw how Cato and Clove arrived behind Marvel. Cato wore a black suit, making him look very handsome with his light hair and blue eyes. I walked up to him and gave him a big hug. He picked me up and gave me a little spin. "Wow, look at you Glim Glam. That dress is super sexy" he said when he dropped me. Glim Glam? Where did that come from? Cato looked at me like I suspected any man would. I felt the slightest uncomfortable but I knew it was just Cato being Cato. I said hi to Clove too but shockingly she just rolled her eyes at me and stayed quiet. She wore an orange, kind of poofy dress. I didn't think that kind of dress would suit her but it definitely did. Her dark hair was partly frenched braided while also weirdly put in a bun. I couldn't quite understand what kind of hairstyle she had but it most definitely made her look very pretty. She even had a little bit of makeup which I haven't seen her wear before. It matched the dress perfectly. Why am I even so fixated on this? It's only a stupid dress, let it go. It didn't even look anything like my dress. For one it actually covered her body. And two.. I forgot what my second reason was but who cares?