The Death Of A Loved One #2

Hello, not quite happy with this chapter but I needed to post something. Not sure when the next part will be posted, but again - I wont abandon this fic. Also we love Clove being a lil delulu this chapter. 

I woke up cold and alone. No one had come for me, not like I had expected it nor even cared. I sat up and my body ached from the hard stone floor. Accepting the fact that I had to face everyone at some point I returned to the camp. No one looked at me except for Glimmer. She smiled at me but I avoided her gaze. I had to keep my head cold or there's no way I could win this. Glimmer tried repeatedly to talk to me throughout the day, but I walked away every time and after many attempts she finally gave up.

We had walked back to the cornucopia to get the lasting supplies. No one talked, not even Glimmer and Marvel who always seemed to find something to talk about. We had gathered the supplies and piled them up in a tower looking construction. Cato had found the boy from 3 and tricked him into installing mines around it. The boy was taking really long though and I was losing the little patient I owned. Instead of blowing up and causing even more drama I started playing with my knives. It was calming and made me focus on something else than my thoughts. I heard light footsteps walking towards me and knew who it was even before she opened her mouth.

"It's for the boils. Take it" she said while holding a tube in front of my face. "I'm fine, I don't need it" I said without looking at her. I knew I wouldn't be able to control myself if I met her emerald eyes. "Clove, they can burst any second. They'll get infected and you'll die from it" she said, slightly annoyed. Not being able to control myself anymore I looked at her. She was so beautiful and the boils on her body had already started to subside. I furrowed my brows trying my best to act normal when all I wanted was to kiss her. "Just take the damn tube Clove" she screamed at me. I almost shuddered as it was the first time she let emotions control her like this. Something changed in her eyes and she shoved me against the ground and climbed on top of me. I was too shocked to even understand what was going on. She was so close to me and I couldn't help but admire how beautiful she was. Her eyes never met mine but I knew she could feel me staring. She lubricated all my boils gently, careful to not put too much pressure and accidentally burst them. I wondered if she could feel the radiating heat coming from where our bodies collide. There was a slight blush starting to paint Glimmer's cheeks. Was she uncomfortable with the sponsors seeing her doing this with a girl or could she feel her second heartbeat too?

Glimmer suddenly got off me as fast as she had showed up. She didn't say a word and started walking towards Cato, leaving me in complete shock. I slowly sat up and followed the blonde girl with my eyes. Cato was babysitting the boy from district 3 and made sure he wasn't trying anything. The girl reached the blonde boy and sat down beside him. She quietly lubricated his boils while he was staring at her like I did just a minute ago. I could see her cheeks turning pink and I had to bite my tongue to not go over there and smack someone. When she was done with the task their eyes met and I could see how they locked eyes. I started grinding my teeth as Cato smiled his most charming smile. It felt like I was going to throw up any second now. He leaned in and they kissed. I felt my fingers grasping around a knife. The kiss was soft and loving. I felt a sting of jealousy. Why did both the one I like and have liked get each other and I'm left with nothing but an aching soul? She started climbing on top of the boy and really getting into that kiss. Cato's hand started wandering her back, just like mine had yesterday. My stomach dropped and I turned away from the couple. Did she just use me? Was it her plan all along to make me like her so I wouldn't kill her? Apparently she seemed to like Cato much more. Good. They both deserve each other. I couldn't care less about that romantic shit. It's not real anyway. I have a mission and there's no way I'm not going to fulfil it. Every single tribute in this arena will be dead except for me.