The Private Session #2

Hello, I'm hoping everyone's feeling good today. The fun will soon begin, I swear. Also - personally I love reading these parallels at the same time so don't be afraid to do the same! The chapters are named the same but a #2 separates Clove's chapters from Glimmer's as you might have noticed. Enjoy <3

The warm sun rays tickled my nose and made me let out a high pitched sneeze. I had forgotten to pull the curtains last night and I would now suffer the consequences of it. There was nothing more I hated than mornings but despite that I had managed to wake up before five every single day this week. I switched position to my back and looked up at the ceiling. It reminded me somehow of all the sleepovers I used to have with Cato. He had always taken care of me when my parents weren't feeling like it.

I soon got restless and rolled out of the comfy bed. There was a pair of slippers in my closet that I debated on whether to use or not. I ended up leaving them and snuck out into the big hallway. Everyone was still asleep so no sounds were heard. I took a moment to just appreciate the quiet and then moved on through the hallway. The door didn't squeak like mine did back home when I opened in and sneaked up to Cato's bed. He was still asleep but I knew he wouldn't mind sharing. I pulled the covers and slid down in the warm bed. The bed was big enough to leave a huge gap between the two of us and I was grateful for it. I didn't want him to invalid my personal space but I still wanted the comfort of having him near. It felt safe..

After a few hours Cato finally woke up. He blinked a couple times and yawned loudly. "Damn it Cato you don't have to make me deaf" I snark at him. He jumps as he realises someone else is in the room with him. "Well I didn't know anyone was here did I?" he grunts back. I rolled around so I was now facing him. He suddenly gives me a grin. "What?" I ask him with a hint of irritation. I hated when he did that. "You missed me so much huh?" he answered as the grin grew bigger. I hit him with my pillow until he begs for forgiveness. We kept laughing a while but the silence soon came lingering. It had been almost six months since we last laughed like this. I missed him but it was really for the best, I had to kill him after all.

Without a word my face became stone cold and I started to crawl out of the bed. Cato reached for my wrist and held it in a tight grip. "Let me go or I'll kill you" I warned him. He knew I couldn't kill him without any weapons but it was still a clear message. "Why are you like this? You are clinging to me like a child to its mom one second and the next you tell me to fuck off. You disappear on me for SIX months Clove and now you're acting like it never happened?". I could tell he was really pissed at me but I found no words. "Is this about Glimmer? Are you jealous of her? You know I don't see you that way" he says. The last sentence makes my blood boil. He really thinks everyone wants him. "Why the fuck would I be jealous of Glim Glam!? She can't even shoot a fucking arrow straight. And just so you know, not everyone wants you believe it or not" I scream at him and try to get out of his grip. The grip around my wrist only tightens and I can almost feel the blood flow in it stopping. "Let. Me. Go" I tell him with a calmer voice. He realises how white my hand got and lets it go. I notice the shame on his face but I'm too upset to even care. Without looking back I slam the door and go to my seating by the table.

We eat in an uncomfortable silence. Not even Enobaria and Brutus talk with each other. I couldn't stand being in the same room as him anymore so I left without finishing my food. At least I wouldn't have to worry about killing him anymore, it would be all my pleasure. Killing that blondie from 1 was also on my to do list. No one thinks they're better than me and gets away with it.

I quickly get dressed in my workout clothes and head towards the elevator. Unfortunately Cato has the same idea and we have to share the tight space for a few seconds. One too many seconds for my taste.. I almost sprinted out of the elevator and headed towards the waiting room. Today is supposed to be our private sessions with the Gamemakers. We're going to show them our best skills and they'll rate us from one to twelve. It's almost the most important event before the arena. It will gain us the sponsors we're going to need in there.