The Love Triangle

!!This chapter contains graphic sexual scenes!! You can skip it since it doesn't necessarily add to the plot.

I've been trying to avoid Cato as much as I could since Clove and I made out, but he volunteered to go with me for the hunt this morning. It was a little awkward between the two of us. I didn't want to be with him, but I was scared of what he would do if he knew the truth. We walked in almost complete silence until we came to the little valley where we had found tracks of a wild boar the other day. I had taken Marvel's spear - it was the only thing I had left of him, and I had already screwed up with the sponsors by kissing Clove. "Shh, I think I heard something" Cato whispered beside me. We didn't even have time to collect our thoughts before a huge wild boar male was running towards us. They're much faster than humans, so our only hope is to mislead it somewhere since they had bad eyesight. I threw myself to the left when it came sprinting towards me. It completely missed me and started running towards Cato instead. He climbed on top of a huge rock, making the boar extremely mad. It grunted and screamed at the bottom of the stone. I threw my spear in its stomach as it was busy trying to catch Cato. It made a horrible sound making my stomach twist. The boar fell to the ground and Cato jumped top of it and finished the job. I looked at the ground, not really wanting to see it.

We were back at the camp and Cato was busy with skinning the wild boar. I was sitting beside him, waiting for Clove to come back from getting water. I was anxious about leaving her alone since the thing with Marvel.. but she convinced me it would be all fine. She had been gone way too long though. I started picking my skin on my fingers. They looked horrible, nothing like the usual perfection back home. "Hey.. can we talk?" Cato asked from out of the blue. I hadn't even noticed he stopped skinning the boar. "Yeah of course, what's on your mind?" I said with a fake enthusiasm. I didn't have time for this, I had to look for Clove. "Have you noticed anything different with Clove..?" he asked carefully. I just stared at him. Why was he bringing this up? Was she different? She wasn't ice cold to me anymore but that was about it. "Not really no, why?" I said. He looked at me for a long time before he opened his mouth, but he quickly dropped his gaze to the ground. "I think she likes you" he said and met my gaze again. I was in complete shock and didn't know what to say. I just stared at him without saying anything. "She looks at you differently than she looks at anyone else" he said after a while. My stomach did a flip. I was too stunned to speak so he just continued, "you know it's okay if you like her. She's my best friend after all". I knew they had been friends before the games but I didn't know they were best friends. This whole conversation felt like a fever dream. I felt myself starting to blush. His eyes were soft and he gave me a small smile. I knew he had feelings for me, real feelings - so this was big of him. The big, strong, angry guy facade he had going on was just as fake as my seduce act. He was really just a big softy. People from other districts than the Career districts think we're psychotic killers, but we all have reasons to be here. I knew Cato's family had put a lot of pressure on him to volunteer since he was a little kid. I still didn't know why Clove had volunteered, but I haven't dared to ask her since the incident in the woods all those days ago. I gave Cato a long hug, hoping he would understand how grateful I was. "There's something you have to know about Clove though" he almost whispered. I stopped hugging him and stared at him, eager for him to continue. "No there isn't. Mind your own business Cato" she said and kicked him down from the tree trunk he was sitting on. We hadn't even heard her sneaking up on us. She didn't even look at me and I wondered how much she had heard. Was she mad Cato knew about us? Us. Maybe we weren't even an us. I dropped my gaze and bit my tongue. I really liked her.

Clove was grilling half the boar as Cato and I dried the other half. This was a lot of food, thank god. We had lived on a few fruits that survived the explosion. "Go, I can finish up here" Cato says after seeing me watching the brown haired girl's every step. He gives my shoulder a small bump and smiles. I loved him, perhaps not the way he wants me to love him.. but I really did love him. I gave him a long hug and he picked me up like he used to do, but there's nothing romantic with it this time. He dropped me and I slowly made my way to where Clove was sitting. "Hi" is all I can say. She makes me really nervous and all my social skills flow out the window the second she looks at me. She drops her knife and looks at me intensely. Her eyes soften after a while and she says "hey". My stomach does a flip and my whole face gets red. I quickly turn away so she can't see what she's doing to me. "Ehm, I could use some more water. Wanna come?" she asks. I nod and we start walking towards the river.

"Clove?" I ask halfway to the water. "Yeah?" she says as she turns around. "Didn't you just fill all our bottles?". She gives me a playful half smile. It's almost hard to believe she actually smiles. "Maybe I just wanted to be alone with you for some time.." she says as she takes a step closer. I gulp and give her a smile. I can't help but keep my guard up the slightest - maybe she and Cato planned this to kill me. Those thoughts completely disappear as she pushes me against the tree behind me. Our bodies collide and she holds my head to prevent it from getting hurt by the hit from the tree. I kiss her like it's the last day on earth - maybe it is. Our tongues battle as I feel her hand slightly pulling my hair. I wanted her, all of her. I grab her shoulder with my left hand and her waist with my right and switch our position. Clove is now the one shoved against the tree and my hands start exploring new places. "Stop me and I shall" I repeated from that day. She gives a small moan but grabs my hand. "Are you sure? There's cameras everywhere" she whispered in my ear. At that moment I didn't care about the cameras or anyone else in the world. I wanted to show Clove how much I loved her. 

"I'm sure. Are you?" I asked. She nodded and I quickly crushed our lips together, not wanting to wait another second. She tastes so sweet even though we haven't eaten anything all day. I pull her jacket and t-shirt off, leaving her in only pants and a black sports-bra. Before going any further I break the kiss and take all of her in. She looks so desperate for my touch. I tell her to lay down and she does without questioning it. I slowly pull her pants down, carefully stroking my finger where the skin is exposed. She shivers from my touch and I climb on top of her. I can feel the heat radiate from where I'm sitting, I wonder if she could feel it too. She sits up and collapses our lips again. The kiss is passionate and needy. I take the opportunity to grab the bottom part of her bra and pull it over her head, leaving her perfect round breast exposed. I push her against the ground again and start kissing her neck. I suck hard, knowing it would leave marks for everyone to see. Good, they'll know she's mine. I leave a trail of kisses and marks when I make my way down to her breasts. I start massaging one with my hand and licks the other. Her nipples are already hard and she gasps as I suck on it. I make sure to give each breast the same amount of attention. After some time I started kissing her stomach. She giggles a little bit when it starts to tickle - it's a sound I thought I would never hear from her. It only made me want her more, knowing she allowed herself to be her true self with me. I look up at her and she's watching me with such a needy look it makes me damp. I grab her thighs and separate them as I start kissing the inside of them. I make sure to take my time, really teasing her this time. "Glimmer... please" she says desperately.

I watch her as I remove her underwear. She bites her lip and it's the hottest thing I've ever seen. I'm almost certain my underwear is already completely drenched just from watching her. Still making eye contact - I taste her for the first time. She closes her eyes and gasps with pleasure. I could feel her pulse through my tongue. "You taste so good" I said and new wetness filled my tongue with flavours. She tasted even sweeter than her lips did. "Tell me what you like and don't like" I ordered her. She whimpers as I tease her entrance. "I - I want you inside too" she finally says. I smile at her and do as she says. I first insert one finger - making sure she's okay with it - and then add one more. She starts moaning really loud as I start pumping my fingers inside her. "Both.." she manages to say between the moans. I do as she says and starts licking her clit again. Her head falls back and I can feel she's close. She confirms it by saying "Glim.. don't stop I'm so close..". I wouldn't in my wildest fantasy stop now. She cries out and I can feel her clasping around my fingers. I start kissing the insides of her thighs again, licking up all the wetness. She slowly lets go of my fingers and I carefully slide them out and licks them clean. We're both breathing heavily and smiling at each other. I make my way up again and kisses her, making her taste how sweet she is on my tongue. I don't think I've ever been this happy before. Our breathing comes back to normal a few minutes later and I carefully stroke her hair as she comes down from her high. She opened her eyes and looked at me. Her dark eyes spark as she says "Your turn Glim Glam".

The sun had started to go down behind the trees and the moon was instead rising in the sky. We had been going for hours and Cato was probably wondering where we were. He knew about us but that didn't mean we could just leave him alone. We hurried to get dressed again but before we started walking back to the camp I grabbed Clove and kissed her. It was slow and filled with love. Just as we pulled apart a message was heard. "Attention tributes" it was the game leader's voice. Weird. I looked at Clove but she was just as confused. "Commencing at sunrise, there will be a feast tomorrow at the cornucopia. This will be no ordinary occasion. Each of you needs something desperately. And we plan to be generous hosts". The message ends and we sprint back to Cato knowing we were close to winning this.