The Death Of A Loved One

I cried while writing this, but I'm quite sensitive so. Enjoy :')

Clove had been avoiding my gaze completely since last night. Every time I tried to talk to her she just walked away without a word. I gave up after a while but I couldn't stop thinking how good her fingers had felt inside me or how amazing she smelled despite the fact we hadn't been showering for literal weeks. All I could think of was this stupid girl. Why did I choose to fall for someone here of all places? I had my chance back home, there were multiple people who would kill to take me out on a date.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the now familiar sound of a sponsor's gift. I opened the protective silver casing and found a tube with ointment. There was no note nor prescription, leaving us to figure it out ourselves. I'm pretty sure it's for the still enormous boils on our bodies though. They could burst any second and leave us exposed to infection. And they probably want my pretty face back. I started lubricating my many boils, making sure I didn't accidentally forget one. It almost immediately gave effect, making the boils visually subside. I walked over to Marvel. He had been quiet since the tracker jackers. I didn't know what was going inside his head and I didn't know if I really wanted to know either. I gave him the tube and told him to use it abundantly. Marvel only got stung twice so he was almost back to normal even before the ointment. I debated on whether to approach Clove or not but I knew it was a huge risk to not use it, so I quietly walked over to her.

Clove was sitting on one of the boxes, playing with her knives as usual. I held the tube in front of her and told her to use it. "I'm fine, I don't need it" she says without looking at me. "Clove, they can burst any second. They'll get infected and you'll die from it" I said. She now looked at me with frowned eyebrows but still refused to take the tube from me. "Just take the damn tube Clove" I screamed at her. Why did she let her pride stand in the way of something as simple as this? It's pure stupidity from her side. She had done this since we entered the arena, refusing to let anyone help her with anything. I shoved her against the ground and climbed on top of her to keep her from running away. She completely stopped fighting back, probably realising she couldn't win this since I was much heavier. I gently lubricated her abscesses, careful not to burst them. She had almost as many stings as I had. I could feel Clove's eyes burning on my face but I didn't meet her eyes, knowing I wouldn't be able to control myself if I did. I could already feel the burning heat between my legs as I sat on top of her. I quickly got up without a word when I was done, leaving Clove silent on the ground. Instead I walked over to Cato, hoping no one would see the redness on my cheeks.

Cato had just found the boy from district 3. He was "sparing" the boy's life if he made a mine trap to protect all the supplies from the cornucopia. We had decided to move early in the morning from the river and back to our original camp. Cato had found the boy laying in a bush and was about to snap his neck when the boy told him what he could do. We had been waiting for hours and he was still not done with it. I showed Cato the tube and sat down beside him. Just like Marvel he only got a few stings. I lubricated them in silence and saw how he intensely watched me. We hadn't talked much since I lied to him about the kiss, mostly because I hadn't been conscious. His eyes never left my face and I felt myself blushing. I met his eyes after some time and he gave me that charming smile he used on special occasions. Most girls would be dying to be in my situation right now, not caring about the threats when he was sitting in front of them. He leaned forward and kissed me. It was much softer than the one we shared in the woods that day but I couldn't help but wish it was Clove I was kissing. I opened one eye and saw Clove watching us from the place I left her. She was looking really pissed and my stomach flipped. Was she jealous? Maybe I could use it to my advantage - both with the sponsors and with Clove. I climbed on top of Cato and really leaned into the kiss. Our tongues were now battling and no matter how much I didn't want to admit it Cato was good, really good. His hands soon started to travel on my back, going further and further down. I let him do it, knowing she was watching me. Cato was really into it all, soon making a swelling bump to grow under me. I quickly jumped off, knowing I would never do it in front of the cameras, and definitely not with Cato. He looked embarrassed and I almost felt bad for him. "Not here" I whispered to him. It was enough for him to think it wasn't about him.