☼ chapter six

TATUM WALKED ALONGSIDE SAM AND TARA, THE STREETS OF NEW YORK QUIET AT THIS HOUR. Her mind raced with thoughts of the new Ghostface and the possibility of danger lurking around every corner. She couldn't shake the feeling of unease, her nerves on edge.

Her hand moved to her wrist, scratching at it until it broke skin and began to bleed. She felt a rush of pleasure at the sight of blood, so she bit down on it to taste it. The metallic tang flooded her senses, calming her slightly.

As they walked, her phone rang incessantly, her mother's name flashing on the screen. Part of her wanted to answer, to tell her she was okay, but she couldn't bring herself to do it. So instead, she turned the phone off and slipped it back into her pocket.

Tatum glanced around nervously, her eyes darting to every shadowy corner and alleyway. She felt vulnerable, exposed. The only thing she had to defend herself was the small can of pepper spray in her pocket. Does that even fucking work against a masked killer?

She tried to push the fear down, to focus on the task at hand. They were heading to the police station to talk to Detective Bailey about the new Ghostface. Maybe they could get some answers, some reassurance. Some protection.

But her mind kept drifting back to the possibility of danger, of the killer lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike. She couldn't shake the feeling of dread.

Suddenly, Sam's phone rang loudly, breaking the eerie silence that had surrounded them. She checks the caller ID and frowns.

 "It's Richie," she mutters before answering the call.

Because of fucking course it was.

Tate takes the opportunity to look around, her eyes scanning every dark corner and alleyway, her heart pounding in her chest. 

Within a minute, a figure in the iconic Ghostface mask jumps out from behind a nearby dumpster, lunging towards Tara with a hunting knife. Without hesitation, Sam and Tatum react quickly, kicking Ghostface to the ground and running for their lives.

Tatum's heart is pounding in her chest. She can feel her breaths coming in quick gasps as adrenaline courses through her body. Her mind is racing as she realizes that this is real, that it's really happening again.

She can't believe it. After these long months, after all the therapy and the moving around, Ghostface has found them. And now she's running for her life again.

As she dashes around a corner, she can hear Ghostface's footsteps echoing behind her. She tries to go faster, but her legs feel like they're made of lead. She feels like she's going to collapse at any moment, but she can't stop. She can't let him catch her.

Her mind flashes back to the last time this happened. The screams, the blood, the feeling of absolute terror. She never thought she'd have to experience that again, but here she is.