☼ chapter nine

TATUM'S NIGHTMARES WERE A CONSTANT TORMENT

TATUM'S NIGHTMARES WERE A CONSTANT TORMENT. Each night she hoped for a reprieve, but it never came. In her dreams, she was always running from the killer, but she never got away. 

This time, it was worse. In her dream, she was there when it happened. She sees Ghostface sneaking up behind her father, Dewey, as he's trying to save Tara's life in the hospital. Tatum watches in horror as the killer plunges a knife into Dewey's body, causing him to fall to the ground, bleeding out. She tries to scream, but her voice is trapped in her throat.

She watched as the killer brutally murdered her father right in front of her. Tatum tried to intervene, but it was too late. The killer had already done the damage. 

Blood is everywhere, smeared on the walls and floor, and she can hear her father's desperate cries for help. He calls her name, over and over again, but she can't respond.

Tatum feels helpless and trapped in her own dream, unable to do anything but watch the horror unfold before her. As the killer finishes off her father, it slowly turns around and reveals a familiar figure underneath the mask - herself. Tatum is filled with dread and terror as she realizes that she was the one behind the Ghostface mask all along.

She tries to run away, but her feet feel like they're stuck in quicksand. She can hear Ghostface's footsteps getting closer and closer, until she feels a sharp pain in her back.

Tatum kills Tatum.

Tatum Riley always dies.

She wakes up screaming and crying, her body slick with sweat and her nails dug into her skin. She can still feel the sharp pain in her back, even though it's not there. Her heart was racing, and her body was trembling with fear. Ethan is by her side, looking terrified and helpless as he tries to calm her down. It looked to Tate as if he'd been trying to wake her up for a while.

"Fuck," Tatum mutters, wiping away the tears that had fallen down her face.

"Are you okay?" Ethan asks, his hand reaching out to touch her arm.

"No, I'm not fucking okay," Tatum snaps, pulling away from him. "I just had a nightmare where I was the goddamn killer."

Ethan's face falls, and Tatum immediately regrets her outburst. She knew that he was only trying to help.

"I'm sorry," she says, her voice softening. "I just can't fucking take this anymore. I'm so, so tired of being scared all the goddamn time."

Ethan pulls her into a tight embrace, and Tatum lets herself melt into his arms. She feels safe there, protected from the nightmares that plagued her.

Ethan tells Tatum that he's going to grab her a glass of water to calm her down, but she waves him off. ''I need something stronger.''

She gets up and walks over to her closet, her legs shaky and her mind still racing. She pushes aside some clothes and pulls out a half-drunk bottle of whisky she's been hiding, and takes big gulps from it as if it were water. The liquid burns her throat, but it's the only thing that seems to calm her down.