☾ chapter ten

ETHAN'S PHONE KEEPS BUZZING, BUT HE CAN'T BRING HIMSELF TO TAKE HIS TONGUE OUT OF TATUM'S MOUTH. It's been a couple of hours since they started making out in her room, and he's lost track of time. He feels like he's in a dream, a perfect moment where nothing else exists. 

He can feel the heat of her body against his as he pressed her against the wall, kissing her deeply. She wrapped her legs around him, pulling him closer. He runs his hands over her body, tracing the curves of her hips and breasts, and the fact that she's not only allowing him to do so but actually seems to be enjoying it makes his head spin.

He thinks back to all the awkward dates he's been on, the times he's stumbled over his words, and the moments he's felt like a complete fool. He's never understood what it was about him that just didn't click with the opposite sex. Was it his looks? His personality? Maybe he's just not as smooth as other guys. Whatever the reason, he's always felt like he was missing something that other guys had. But being with Tatum, things feel different. She makes him feel alive, like he's finally figuring it out.

However, she suddenly pulls away from him, her eyes flashing with annoyance.

"Ethan, your phone won't stop buzzing. You should look at it, it's distracting," she says, her voice firm.

He lets out a frustrated sigh and pulls his phone out of his pocket, glancing at the screen. It's a group chat from his dad and sister. The message sends a chill down his spine - they're going ahead with the plan tonight. Wayne will be hiding in Quinn's room as Ghostface, pretend to kill her, and then attack the others. 

Ethan's heart pounds as he realizes that Tatum will be in danger. He turns to her, his mind racing with what to do next. "So, what's your plan for later today?"

Tatum looks up at him with a curious expression, "Why do you ask?"

"I just thought we could do something together," Ethan says, trying to sound casual.

"Well, Chad texted me earlier," Tatum says, pulling out her phone to show Ethan. "Apparently, after we left, they made a deal to stick together from now on, and us Woodsboro are supposed to stay at the apartment until further notice, like a messed up sleepover or whatever."

Ethan curses under his breath. Now it's clear why Wayne decided on pulling the attack tonight. Quinn must've been told about the others's plans, since it's technically her apartment as well, and let their dad know. It was the perfect opportunity to strike, even he had to admit that.

Tatum puts a hand on his arm. "Hey, you good? You seem tense all of a sudden."

Ethan takes a deep breath, "I just wanted to spend some time with you, away from here. But if you need to stay with the group, I understand."

Tatum furrows her brow, "What's going on, Ethan? Why do you seem so on edge?"

"I don't think this sleepover is a good idea," he says, trying to sound casual. ''If you five are the target, then wouldn't you all sticking together be like gathering sheep for slaughter?''