☾ chapter nineteen

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ETHAN LANDRY IS A MAN WITH A PLAN. Well, Ethan Kirsch, actually. He felt that it was about time he went back to using his real name.

The boy stands there, Ghostface costume on, knife in hand, a twisted smile on his face. But his mind is elsewhere, thinking back to the events leading up to this moment.

He remembers stabbing Mindy on the subway, dragging her out, calling for help. Before the paramedics loaded her onto the ambulance, he had taken a sneaky picture of Mindy lying on the ground, her face pale and her eyes closed, the blood from her wounds staining her shirt. It was a gruesome image, but it was exactly what he needed to prove his loyalty to his family. She looked dead. He sent the picture to his dad and Quinn, knowing that they would welcome him back with open arms.

But he had hoped to reach Tatum first, to talk to her and explain everything. He knew that she would never understand his family's twisted motives, but he had to try to protect her. However, everything had happened too quickly. One moment, he was putting on his Ghostface costume, and the next, he was standing here, face-to-face with Tatum and her friends.

Now, here he was, standing with Quinn and Bailey, ready to fulfill his part of the bargain. He had made Quinn promise not to hurt Tate, telling her that she was his. In exchange for the ''favor'', he had to step in and help out Quinn when it was time to kill Chad.

Sure, Chad was messy and a little (very) oblivious at times and could definitely get on Ethan's nerves, but he was a good guy at heart, and he'd been kind to Ethan since day one. 

But he knew it had to be done. If he wanted to protect Tatum, he needed to play the game and do whatever it took. Mindy and Chad were collateral. 

Part of him wished he could have taken out Sam instead of Chad. Sam had always been a thorn in his side, and he didn't like the way she looked at him. Plus, she had been the one to murder Richie at the end. It's not like Ethan even liked the guy, but if Wayne and Quinn wanted to avenge Richie that bad, wasn't Sam the ultimate target?

Tatum has been caught in Sam and Tara's web for far too long, and he needs to free her from it. And for that, he was willing to risk everything. In the end, that's all that really mattered.

He watches as Tatum falls to the ground, her hand clutching her chest in shock and pain. He can see the hurt and betrayal etched on her face, and his heart breaks for her. He wants nothing more than to comfort her, to hold her in his arms and assure her that everything will be alright. But he can't, not with Wayne and Quinn watching him closely. 

As Tatum sobs, Ethan fights to keep his emotions in check. He knows that what he's doing is necessary to protect her, but it doesn't make it any easier. He wishes he could explain everything to her, but he can't risk putting her in danger. So he stands back, a fake smile plastered on his face, as he watches the girl he loves suffer.