The Girl has a Name.

It was Andromeda's first few weeks as a brand-new fifth-year student at Hogwarts. She was still adjusting to the school despite Professor Fig taking his time over the summer to help her catch up with the other students. There were moments when she felt out of place, almost like a fish out of water.

One of her classmates, Sebastian, quickly took notice of her and has sort of taken her under his wing to show her around the castle. He had just taken her to the Undercroft and told her that she could use it at any time to work on her spell casting. However, he also stressed the importance of not telling his friend Ominis that he had revealed its location.

She remembers meeting Ominis in the Slytherin common room after the sorting hat ceremony. He seemed kind and cordial to her so it was hard to believe that he would be so upset over her knowing about their secret lair.

Andromeda was stepping out from the Undercroft when she heard a voice come out from the corner.

"Hello, Sebastian."

Her stomach immediately dropped. What were the odds that she would run into the one person that Sebastian specifically told her to avoid. She scrunched her face and slowly turned to the familiar voice.

"Wait. You there! I can hear you!"

Andromeda took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. "Ominis! I was just heading back to our common room. I need to work on my potion's assignment. I'll be on my way."

Ominis shook his head in disbelief. "I recognize your voice...you're the new fifth year! Did you just come from the Undercroft?! How the hell did you get in there?!"

"Listen, your friend Sebastian brought me here but he made it perfectly clear to keep quiet about it."

Ominis rubbed his temples in frustration and grumbled to himself, "That rat." He began to raise his voice. "You breathe one word about that place to anyone and not even your precious Professor Fig will be able to help you. My father is friends with the headmaster and I am not afraid to exploit that connection if need be."

Andromeda was speechless. This is her second interaction with Ominis and he has already threatened to take her to the headmaster. He was so kind to her when they met in the common room. What made him think he had the right to treat her like this?

She was beginning to get angry. "You can trust me. I will not say a word."

"Why on earth would I do that? You just betrayed Sebastian."

She crossed her arms and quickly fired back, "Oh, please. I was trying to defend your friend. He made it obvious that this place is sacred to you and that I was to tell no one."

"I do not need you to tell me about my oldest friend, thank you very much!" Ominis clenched his fists. "Sebastian gets himself in enough trouble and does not need your help!"

At this point, Andromeda was getting furious. Her heart was racing as she bit back her tongue. If Ominis wants to play dirty, so can she.

"Do you even know my name?"

She was met with immediate silence, almost like he was taken aback by her question.

"Uh..."

"It's Andromeda. Andromeda. Black."

His face immediately went pale. Andromeda took a few steps towards him and tilted her head to the side.

"The headmaster is my uncle on my father's side. I do not think he would take it lightly that I was threatened during my first few weeks at Hogwarts. I could just reveal your precious Undercroft to him. Oh! And while I'm at it, how you and Sebastian practice dangerous spells."