Do not Dwell on the Dark Arts

Andromeda was famished after completing her herbology assignment and decided to make her way to the Great Hall to grab something to eat. She was finally falling into a routine with her classes and catching up on the extra homework that her professors have provided to help her progress with the rest of the students. As she was walking in, she overheard a quarrel coming from the far corner of the massive room. She looked over and saw Sebastian and Ominis in a heated argument. Making a detour, she wondered if she should help when she heard Ominis say, "Anything to do with the Dark Arts should be avoided. It's far too risky."

Sebastian crossed his arms and rebutted, "Anything to do with Salazar Slytherin is worth the risk."

Ominis sighed. "I can't agree, and I will not say a word more. I'm sorry." Andromeda stopped and watched Ominis walk right by her, his brows furrowed and a grim frown on his face. She could tell he was clearly upset with whatever conversation he had with his closest friend. A voice in the back of her head told her to follow him, which came to her as a surprise.

But first, she needed to talk with Sebastian. Then she can focus on Ominis.

Andromeda called out to him as she made her approach. "Is everything all right? What exactly were you and Ominis talking about?"

"He's being ridiculous as per usual." Sebastian shook his head and sighed with frustration. "Apparently, Salazar Slytherin has a secret scriptorium here. In Hogwarts! Ominis swears it was used for the Dark Arts and refuses to help. This may be my only chance to save Anne. Who knows what answers this scriptorium may have!?"

Andromeda remembered Ominis mentioning a scriptorium to her when they were out on the dock a few weeks ago. She wonder if it was the same one.

"I hate to say this but I agree with Ominis. He's right. Meddling with the Dark Arts is dangerous."

"There is more to dark magic than just the unforgivable curses! The Gaunts know this better than anyone." Sebastian retracted a bit, realizing that he may have revealed too much about his friend. "I have to apologize. I spoke out of turn and should not have said that. Ominis' family history is personal to him."

Andromeda could relate to this with her own family secret. Everyone for the most part assumes that she is a pureblood with her last name. If anyone should tell her, it has to be from Ominis. She gave Sebastian a small nod. "No. You're right. I will not press you for any information."

Sebastian was almost shocked by her response. Most students would be begging to have any information about Ominis and his family's relationship with the Dark Arts.

"Well...alright. I would think you should be more curious about this. Anyway, I'll send you an owl once I learn more about the location of the scriptorium."

As Sebastian made his exit from the Great Hall, Andromeda thought it would best to try to find Ominis. He did check on her after their own disagreement, so it was only fair that she would return the favor.

"How the hell am I going to find him in this castle?"

_____________________________

Andromeda was beginning to lose hope that she was ever going to find him. She was still adjusting to navigating the castle and felt that she was walking in circles. How many courtyards does this school need? She even managed to stumble upon the kitchens and was shushed out by the disgruntled house elves. At that moment, she found herself in one of the towers that housed many of the classrooms.

She was about to admit defeat and give up on her search until the sound of snoring interrupted the silence of the corridor. Questioning whether her mind was playing tricks on her, she turned around and found Ominis.