Exploding BonBons.

It did not take long for Andromeda and Ominis to settle into their new relationship as a couple. They still sat next to each other in the Great Hall and spent most of their free time together. If anything, Andromeda has noticed that Ominis was not shy about showing his affection to her and it seemed to only intensify after they finally confessed their feelings for one another. She was used to holding hands or receiving hugs but his favorite thing to do was to steal kisses, especially when she least expected it.

Andromeda found herself confiding more to Ominis about what was going on with the trials made by the Keepers along with trying to solve the peculiar partnership between Ranrok and Rookwood. Ominis seemed to always know when there was something on her mind and simply asked if she wanted to talk it out. Professor Fig has stressed to her the importance of not disclosing information to anyone but she knew she could trust Ominis. She also did not want to keep any secrets from him.

The fresh coat of snow did not stop Andromeda from sitting outside of the castle grounds. There were no classes for the day and she wanted to take advantage of the free time by trying to read one of her books. A slight breeze blew through her hair but the sun beating on her back kept her warm. Sebastian had convinced Ominis to go to Hogsmeade with him to try out some new candy that had just come into Honeydukes. Ominis did ask her to come along but she turned down the offer since she did not want to intrude despite Sebastian telling her it was fine.

Her mind kept drifting back to the relic that Sebastian took from the catacomb. He still has not revealed what exactly he was going to do with it. She was curious if he would even disclose any information to her and Ominis.

Andromeda was so lost in thought that she nearly jumped out of her skin when two arms suddenly wrapped around her shoulders.

"You're going to catch a cold if you sit out here long enough."

She immediately relaxed when she recognized his voice. "Ominis! What are you doing back so soon? Where's Sebastian?"

"He's still at Honeydukes with Garreth. He made a bet that he could eat more exploding bonbons in one sitting. It's an absolute mess back there and the sound of their constant chewing was starting to give me a headache. I came back to be with you."

Andromeda reached up to grasp a hold of his arms and gave it a squeeze. "Is he going to be mad that you left him?"

"Since when is it a crime to spend time with my girlfriend? Sebastian has to understand that even though we are still close friends, you are my main priority." Ominis then let go and sat next to her while she closed her book. "Still reading about the monster that comes to life?"

"I'll be honest, I don't even remember the past ten pages that I have read." She tossed it aside and took hold of his hand. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Has Sebastian mentioned anything to you about the relic?"

Ominis shook his head. "No. He refuses to discuss it with me but claims that he has everything under control and not to worry about it. Why? Did he tell you anything?"

Andromeda looked around to see if anyone was in close proximity. She needed this conversation to be private. "When we were in the catacomb, there was a journal entry from a former student that was right next to the relic. It said that a dark sacrifice is needed to reveal its true potential and I asked Sebastian what he thought it meant. Of course, he did not think it was significant since it did not matter because he just needed the relic."

"There is always a cost with Dark Magic. Sebastian fails to see that and I've told him so many times." Ominis could feel Andromeda tighten her grip on his hand. "What is it? What is going through that head of yours?"