You are worth it.

"I do not like this one bit."

Andromeda's face softened when she looked over at Ominis. "I know...but the sooner I get this trial over with, the closer I will be to figuring out what happened to Isidora. I have been putting this off for far too long. I need to get ahead of Ranrok to have any chance to stop him."

They were standing outside of the gates of Hogwarts. Andromeda was getting ready to depart to complete the final trial from the Keepers. She had changed from her school uniform into dark, rugged pants paired with tall boots and a long-sleeved wool jumper, topped with a crop grey jacket. Tugging at the gloves on her hands, she glanced up at the sky. It was a long flight to the Cragcroftshire region and she wanted to get there before nightfall.

"I understand but..." Ominis let out a small huff and shook his head. "That does not mean I still have to like it. Not only is this trial far away from here but I find it unsettling that you have to do it all alone."

Andromeda smiled to herself while she tightened the buckles on her jacket. Ominis has become extra protective over her well-being ever since she revealed her feelings about the trials. She took a few steps towards him and rested her hands against his chest, feeling his arms enclose around her back.

"Those were strict instructions by the Keepers. I promise to return as soon as it's done. Believe me, I much rather be here with you."

Ominis leaned his head against hers and closed his eyes. "Be safe. I know you are more than capable of handling what lies ahead of you but that does not mean I worry any less."

He softly said, "I love you" as the gap between them ceased to exist as their lips merged together. Each time they broke apart, one of them would capture the other's mouth, desperately trying to make the moment last forever with their lingering kisses.

Andromeda reluctantly pulled away and sighed, "I have to go. I love you." She grabbed hold of her broom and turned around. "Don't miss me too much."

"It is a bit too late for that."

Andromeda laughed while she mounted the broom and hovered over the ground. She took one final look at Ominis and then pushed off, flying far into the distance.

_________________________

A few days later...

Gasping for air, Andromeda threw her head back as she tried to get a sense of her surroundings. She was in the middle of an old ruin of a castle, covered in snow. It was dark and the only light in the sky was the moon with scattered stars.

How long has she been gone?

Sitting back on her knees, the reality of what had just happened began to sink in.

She had successfully completed the final trial by the Keepers and was told to have a wand crafted by Ollivanders with an artifact that was found in each Pensieves. As soon as she left the shop, she was confronted and kidnapped by Rookwood and his ashwinders. She was taken to a remote location in the middle of the mountains. She had to fight so many of them, coming at her in different directions. When it came to the final battle with Rookwood, she used every last ounce of her strength to destroy him. She remembered watching him burst into a ball of purple dust and disappeared into the night.

As she sat there trying to take it all in, a chill went down her spine as she recalled what Rookwood said to her before a hood was thrown over her head.

"Children should be seen, not heard."

"I killed him."

Andromeda immediately felt sick to her stomach. She slowly got up, despite her legs protesting underneath her, and tried to take a couple of steps. A sudden wave of nausea hit her with such force that she fell forward onto her knees. Her stomach lurched and she began to gag. After taking a few deep breaths, she brought herself back to her feet.