You were my favorite surprise

"Andromeda! Classes are finally over and I just saw you come out of Professor Sharp's office! Please don't tell me that you are actually excited to do extra work over the summer!?!"

Andromeda turned around as she walked out of the castle when she heard Sebastian coming up from behind. It was the final week of the school year and students were buzzing with excitement for the start of summer term. Sebastian matched her steps while they made their way towards the Viaduct bridge.

"I asked Professor Sharp to have a meeting to get his approval on a potential project that I plan to work on during the summer term. Fortunately for me, he gave full permission to go forward with it."

"And here I thought you were going to spend all of your free time studying other matters with Ominis."

Andromeda swiftly whacked Sebastian with her book against his arm. "I would be careful what you say next."

Sebastian jokingly rubbed at his arm, pretending to be hurt. "Or else what? You already had me looking like a fool when I challenged Leander with ink smudge all over my face. I asked Ominis why you did not say anything and he claims that you did not even notice it..."

"I thought you got into a tussle with a Puffskein and lost. I didn't want to hurt your feelings."

"I have you know that I would definitely win in a fight with a Puffskein. No one can defeat the Sebastian Sallow." He then walked over the stone railing of the bridge and leaned forward over the ledge.

Andromeda stood beside him. "Are you going to start an underground fight ring with Puffskeins? I'll let Ominis know because he would be the first to nominate Duncan as the first opponent."

Sebastian shook his head and chuckled. "Where do you come up with these peculiar thoughts?" He glanced over at Andromeda and asked, "What exactly does your project entail?"

"You have to promise me that you will not tell Ominis. He does not know anything about this and I want it to be a surprise."

Sebastian placed a hand on his chest. "I promised on the goodness of my heart that I shall not breathe a word..."

Andromeda rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. When has she heard this before?

"How about you get one free potion, without question, made by me from now until we graduate?"

"Alright, now you have piqued my interest. I shall not say a word."

"I believe I may have figured out a way to relieve the struggle that Ominis faces when it comes to potions. You and I can visually see all the ingredients and are able to measure them with accurate precision with little difficulty. Ominis does not have the same capability that we do, which puts him at a disadvantage. I mean...I suppose there are some ingredients that you can touch or smell but some can be dangerous to handle without the proper precautions."

Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Huh...I may see where you are going with this."

"It got me thinking...what if I could make a set of bottles and label them in a way so that Ominis could recognize the ingredient simply by handling them? It would make it so much easier for him to differentiate with some of the ingredients that he may not be able to touch."

"How in the world did you come up with that idea?"

"It just makes sense to me." Andromeda shrugged. "How Ominis sees the world is truly unique, but that does not mean everything should be harder for him. I wanted to be sure that Professor Sharp was okay with it."

"I would not put it past the professor to ask himself why did he not think of the same thing years ago." Sebastian's eyes suddenly went wide. "Wait! His birthday is over the summer term! You could give it as a birthday gift."