Avada Kedavra

Andromeda was slumped over her history of magic assignment in the common room, struggling to keep herself awake when Ominis suddenly appeared right next to her. Before she could even get a word out, he slammed her book shut and snatched her hand to drag her to the nearest Floo Flame. "We need to go. Now."

"Ominis!?! What is going on?"

"Anne just sent me an owl to let us know that Sebastian has told her to meet at the catacomb. We have to stop him! That blasted idiot has gone too far..."

Andromeda's stomach dropped with her eyes wide in fear. "He's really going forward with all of this..."

Ominis stopped and began to raise his voice. "I know! I have tried to tell you he will never stop!"

She winced at his outburst and let go of his hand. "Ominis..."

"I'm sorry." He let out a slow exhale to calm himself down and extended his hand out to caress the side of her face. "I promise I'm not mad at you. It's just that bastard-"

Andromeda lowered his hand and squeezed it. "I know, it's okay. We will figure this out but we should probably get going before it's too late."

__________________________

After utilizing the Floo Flame, Andromeda and Ominis quickly ran up to the entrance of the catacomb and found Anne standing outside in a panic. She was almost in tears when she called out to them.

"I'm not going down there! Sebastian has made the entire place filled with Inferi!"

Andromeda looked over at Ominis. "Inferi? That what was on the relic!" She turned back to Anne and asked, "Where's Sebastian?"

"He's still in the catacomb. He wanted me to follow him but I refused because of risking everyone's lives on this stupid relic thinking it could heal me." Anne shook her head. "I'm sorry but I have to leave. Sebastian as gone too far."

Ominis tried to call out to Anne as she disappeared into the trees. "Anne! Please!"

Andromeda quietly made her way toward the entrance of the catacomb. "Ominis, we have to go in and find him." She peered over her shoulder to see if he was listening and saw that he was pacing back and forth. He was clearly upset despite him telling her the latter. She marched over to him to find out what was going on.

"Listen...If you're going to be mad, fine-"

Ominis interrupted her by yelling, "I told you! I am not mad!"

Andromeda paused for a moment and reorganized her thoughts. The last thing she needed right now was another fight. "Alright! Fine! I don't know what you're feeling but whatever it is, we need to put it aside and get to Sebastian. If you want to stay out here and agonize over what we could have done...fine by me!"

She moved away from him and started to walk back to the catacomb when a voice cried out to her.

"Wait!"

Andromeda stopped but did not bother to turn her head to look at Ominis.

"You're right...I am beyond furious with Sebastian. I just keep thinking what chances did we miss to prevent this from ever happening. Was there anything else I could have done?"

Andromeda's face softened as she turned back around to Ominis. She knew he was beating himself up for not having the capability to stop his best friend. "You can lead a horse to water...but you can't make him drink it."

"What on earth are you talking about!?" Ominis rubbed his temples in frustration. "A horse? This is not the time for your nonsensical comments."

She went up to him to take hold of his hand. "It means you tried everything in your power to convince Sebastian to not go down this path and offered alternatives to find a cure. But you can't force him to take these opportunities. The choices that he has made are on him, not on you."