Chapter 2: Father Figure

Lawrence Columbus, number 3 on the country's billionaire list and my ex-boyfriend. 

I hate him with passion. Not only did he use me to get ahead in his business but he also cheated on me a thousand times. 

Sadly, he is an angel to my sisters, the best father figure they could ever wish for.

"Language!", Simone said coming down the stairs in a rush. Coming to think of it, she was always in a rush. "I'm late for a photo shoot, can I trust you not to break anything?", she asked me with a smile on her face as she picked up her car keys. When I didn't answer she turned to Maya.

"I got her", Maya answered as if I wasn't there.

My eyes returned to Lawrence. His smile dropped when he noticed my facial expression. "Maya, give us a moment please", I tried to ask politely. "Not until you promise not to break anything", she said folding her hands on her chest as if daring me not to answer. I released a breath and nodded. When she was satisfied, she left.

I went to the living room and Lawrence followed me quietly while sipping his coffee.

He did have that addiction, shit it was our sweet addiction at some point. "Hi Aubrey, you look energetic this morning", he said sitting on the couch next to me. I kept tapping my finger on the arm on the couch. His eyes fell on my action making him smile. It was a habit of mine whenever I tried to control myself.

"Your sisters were worried about you so they called me to ask if you were with me, but you weren't so I came over to make sure everything was ok", he explained. "I'm good as you can see so you may leave and lose the address", I answered. "Look... I'm sorry I came. I know we talked about this but what was I supposed to do?", he pleaded almost sounding concerned. I knew better. "Fucking ignore them. You were always good at it before why stop now huh?", I questioned finally turning to look at him.

Dark brown eyes, and brown hair combed neatly. A three-piece tailor-made suit with his initials on the sleeves. A teasing beard that tickled me every time he hugged me or rested his head in the crook of my neck.

"Baby I-", "Don't fucking call me that!", I interrupted him with a shout. It surprised him. "Look, I'm not a monster you paint me to be and I will not ignore Simone or Maya's call when they reach out to me just because you have a problem with me. We've dated for four years Aubrey. They're like my kids so be reasonable", his answer made my blood boil.

"So you're a family man now huh? You are now?", I asked and finally saw the guilt in his eyes. He was human after all. "Lawrence, get out of my house before I call security", I said with my finger pointing at the door. "Jenkins' still around? Waoh!", he said with a smile but when I didn't return it, he got the memo.

I walked up to my room after I saw Lawrence's car leave my compound. I guess I need to have a chat with my little sisters about what 'breaking up' means. I don't blame them. Lawrence was like a father to them for a very long time. Something that they needed after our parents passed away. It was sudden and it forced me to grow up pretty fast. I had to be both father and mother to my little sisters until he showed up.

《《《 The Past 》》》

"All fours baby", he whispered in my ears while turning me on my stomach, I complied making him moan at the view of my naked ass. He ran his finger across my spine making my back arch. He shoved his cock in me making me scream in ecstasy. "That's it, baby, take all of me", he said while moving in and out of me faster than I could keep up. We reached our orgasm at the same time making me smile.

"Baby, move in with me", he said as I was drying myself ready to go back to my house. "That depends baby, will you be ok with Maya and Simone staying with us? I can't leave them behind", I said as I put on my undergarments. His brows furrowed. "Why would they? they have jobs so they practically don't need us", he said as a matter of fact.

He was right, Simone was working as a marketing executive in a well-known modeling agency while Maya worked at the Movie theatre, not where I would like her to be but she seemed to enjoy it so I left it at that. "I know that but we made a pact to always stay together, at least until they wish to leave, you know this", I said feeling agitated.

"Come on baby. Let's get real here. I want to have privacy with you, we can get them an apartment and they can come occasionally besides we're expanding Forever Bright to another country and I need your input on marketing penetration strategies. The advice you gave me last time worked flawlessly baby. You can sell the house too since you won't be needing it anyway", he said looking proud of himself. "You can't be serious", I said picking up my purse and walking out of the bedroom. I knew if I stayed I would say something that we would both regret.

"Baby come on", he said grabbing my wrist. "Lawrence, you know how important my sisters are to me, you can't just expect me to change our way of life because of you. I can't leave them behind or rent an apartment for them just because you want privacy... and as for the expansion... What about my business Lawrence?", I asked him and he didn't even look bothered.

"Come on baby, there's no future in the distribution market for an underdog let alone a woman. Join me as my strategist and I promise you, you won't have to worry about a penny for the rest of your life", he said with a smile.

I slapped him. "We're done Lawrence", i said then stormed out of his house.

《《《 The Past 》》》

He didn't believe I had the guts to survive without him but he got his answer a year after he left when I decided it was time to give Fiducia the face it needed. I went public and shocked many who thought it was owned by my Vice President, Justin McGren. It gave Lawrence's friends a wake-up call as most of them thought I wouldn't survive after the breakup.

My phone started ringing when I was trying to choose between taking a bath or just a shower. When I looked at the number it was not familiar but I answered anyway.

"Hello gorgeous", the moment his voice reached my eardrum, I felt my ovaries doing a happy dance because he's exactly what I needed after the 'Lawrence situation'. It made me smile.

Again... thank you, Denice.