Chapter 58: The announcement

《《《Two Months Later》》》

I woke up and found that I was alone in bed. I moved like a snail until I was at the end of the bed then forced myself to wake up.

Yes, I'm about to pop any second now. The doctor told me to be as active as possible but I am not about to do that. My belly is so heavy, it makes me feel like I have four babies but then again I was carrying 7kgs with me.

I was finally standing, my bare feet on the ground, the cold made me feel amazing so I decided to walk barefoot again. Simone hated it when I did it but I didn't care.

I went to the kitchen and found Ajax helping his Mum make a cake and I remembered, we were doing a surprise birthday party for Christopher.

"Good morning cake squad", i said making them turn to look at me. "Gorgeous, can you put some clothes on?", Ajax asked making me furrow my brows. I was wearing a chemise. What the hell?

I turned my eyes to Bridget. Who had a huge smile on her face? "Good morning my dear, don't mind him. Come sit. What do you need?", she said lovingly making me ignore a certain someone. "A pancake would be nice... no no no. Make it chicken and waffle smothered with chocolate syrup and some chamomile tea", I said making her nod.

I was hugged from the back the moment Bridget started preparing my breakfast. "I'm sorry. Good morning gorgeous", he whispered in my ear then kissed my forehead. "My chemise is not revealing. I said with a pouted mouth making him chuckle. "I know, I just thought you would start feeling cold. I'm sorry", he said making me turn to look at him. He looked honest enough, "Ok fine, I forgive you", I said earning another kiss.

"Here you are. Bon appetite!", Bridget said while putting a very mouth-watering plate in front of me.

I devoured it in seconds.

"Oh my! That was fast, I think it's time they get out and start vetting for themselves", Bridget said and I agreed. I was so tired. "Guys let them be", Ajax said making me roll my eyes.

"Smells amazing in here. What are you making?", Lilian said while walking in the kitchen with Liam following behind. "Good morning family", Liam said then gave Ajax a bro hug. He went to Bridget and hugged her too and finally me. "You're three months late", I said with furrowed brows. "I know and I apologize. I thought it was a one-week task but turns out a lot needed to be done. Please forgive me", he said with a weak smile. I didn't have an ounce of hatred towards him so I smiled as he pulled me in a hug.

"What did you need from us that was so urgent, enough to make this our first stop from the airport?", Lilian asked then kissed my belly. "So I'm not that important huh?", I asked going back to angry mode. "Of course you are my dear... as an incubator", Lilian said making everyone but me laugh. "Whatever. Help me off please", I asked making Liam carry me like I weighed nothing. "Thanks. Let's go to my office", I said and they followed.

"Aubrey, is everything ok?", Lilian asked as we entered my home office. I decided to sit on the sofa while they sat on the visitor chairs. "Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?", I asked when I saw she looked nervous.

"Well, I love you guys and you're more like parents than friends to me at this point so, so here goes nothing...", I said then took in a much-needed breath. "Can you name our children for us?", I asked. They just froze.

Liam blinked a couple of times while Lilian just had tears falling from her face. I remained quiet, giving them time to digest my ask.

"Ajax and I have been talking and we both agree that you should be the godparents as well... yap... I just thought we could get it over with since your reaction is scaring the crap out of me... guys?", I called but they just looked at me.

Liam cleared his throat and looked at Lilian. A smile decorated her face. "Aubrey... i... we... we will be honored", he said then a tear fell from his eye. It was shocking. I released a breath, "Awesome, I thought you were going to say no", I said then laughed. Lilian took my hands and looked at me in the eyes. "Aubrey, you have been nothing but a blessing to us. Why would we say no to you? Our daughter", she said then squeezed my hands lightly.

"Judging by the smiles, I guess all went well?", Ajax asked when we returned to the kitchen. They were decorating the cake. Judging by the smell. It was a butterscotch cake. "Yes indeed. Thank you, Ajax. It means the world to us", Liam said while patting Ajax's shoulder.

They ended up staying for lunch. It was a funny one. Especially when Lilian told us about their love story and how many times she shut Liam down when he tried to sweet-talk her. Bridget had a lot to say too but the icing on the cake was when they convinced Ajax that Christopher was doing push-ups after getting caught having sex on the yoga mat.

"Will you guys come for the birthday later?", I asked as they were leaving. "I don't think so. He can barely open his eyes. He needs some rest", Lilian said as Liam was saying goodbye to Ajax and Bridget. "Ok sure, take care and we will be waiting for the names. I'm about to pop any minute now", I said making her nod.

"Simone, is everything ready?", Ajax asked when everyone was looking for somewhere to hide. Bridget and Christopher were on the way. "Yes sir!", Simone said and Ajax went by the switch as the rest of us hid in different corners of his parents' house.

"Baby I told you. All I need is you. Celebrations are not my thing besides, who will cook at the diner huh?", he complained as they walked into the house. We waited until they were in the middle of the room and yelled "Surprise!!!!", the moment Ajax switched on the lights. "Oh my goodness! What's going on here?", he asked as we started congratulating him. Bridget brought the cake and they ate.

It had alcohol in it so I didn't eat any. But I cheered the hell out of the party.

After standing up for a long time, I decided to find a sofa and sat while enjoying some apples. I took my phone out and saw a text from Lydia. It had a link on it so I opened it.

It was a press conference...

《《《Beginning of the video》》》

Elias and Lawrence sat on the table full of mics.

Lawrence looked uncomfortable.

"Good evening everyone. Thank you for being here, on behalf of my client and son, Lawrence Columbus. The CEO of Forever Bright I would like to welcome you to this session that will address all the rumors that have been spreading on the gossip channels for the past few months", Elias said then looked at Lawrence.

"Thank you. I was out of the country for the past few months for personal reasons. The rumours and all that happened made me want to rethink everything and I decided to do it by stepping out of my comfort zone. It has helped me tremendously. And with that, I have reached a conclusion that will help me grow as a person. Starting today I will be stepping down as the Founder and CEO of Forever Bright. The company will not be closed but it will be in the hands of Estell Investment Corporation effective immediately. Thank you. I will not be accepting any questions", Lawrence said then stood up and left.

《《《End of the video》》》

"Ajax!! My water broke!", I screamed.