Chapter Five

Serena's Pov:

I woke up with my alarm echoing in my ear. I swiftly grabbed my phone and turned it off. 'Yay, my first day of school' I said to myself sarcastically. I got up and got ready for the day, I was not excited in the slightest. As I entered tutor I could feel eyes follow me around the room and it made me sweat with fear. I tried to ignore it and slowly made my way to the back of the room before I was stopped by the teacher with a hand on my back.

"Excuse me Serena, your sitting at the front" He told me.

Just the interaction of a teacher was enough to make me shake and tremble.

"Serena" He repeated my name again.

I didn't reply and just sat down at the front like he asked. I kept my eyes straight forward, which fortunately was my hat. I continued to shake the whole lesson until it was over. I sprinted out the lesson as quickly as possible and made my way to gym class. I was the first one there and waited in the corner for everyone else to arrive. As they were arriving they all gave me a weird look. The teacher said hello to the class and then told them how each machine works. People kept coming up to me and asking why I wasn't listening and I couldn't reply. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't reply. Of course the universe being the universe that made it worse.

"Screw you then!" I heard one of them say.

This made me cry another silent tear, this time it wasn't of fear but pure sadness. I think I had just become the girl nobody likes. I wished for the lesson to end and after what felt like 10 hours it finally did. My break was nothing spectacular, I went to my dorm and hid there until the next lesson. That may have been a mistake as I was now late for the class. As I opened the door I could feel fear take over me again. The whole class was staring at me and my body started to sweat yet again.

"Ah Serena your here, you can sit next to Ash!" The professor told me.

'Oh this couldn't have been any worse' I said to myself as I slowly walked towards the seat next to Ash and sat down. I could feel myself getting more scared by the second.

"So professor Oak asked us to get to know our classmate, so is there anything you would like to know about me?" Ash asked me.

I glanced my eye in his direction before gazing it back at my hat. I was now terrified, I gripped onto my bag to try and calm me down but it didn't work. 'I wonder if he cares what happened in the park' I asked myself.

"Okay, is there anything that you would like me to know about you?" He asked me.

I don't know why he kept trying but it made me more scared, I tried to reply but it was met with nothing. I started breathing more heavily as sweat covered more of my body and I could now feel a tear roll down my face.

"Serena are you okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

I couldn't tell if he was trying to be nice or was trying to torture me. I kept breathing heavier and heavier as I found a few words to say. 

"I-I'm f-fine" I said hesitantly.

I was now shaking like crazy. 

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"P-Please, just l-l-leave me a-alone!" I said with as much power as I could. 

I hated everything in that moment, I wanted to cry until my eyes ran dry. He seemed to listen and turned his attention back to the professor. I glanced my eyes at him while he was looking away and I could see a smile on his face. I couldn't explain it but my fear seemed to disappear in that moment. Of course it didn't last long as I heard the professor call my name. All the fear returned once again. I knew what he was saying but I couldn't reply at all, not even a mumble, its like my body went into complete shutdown mode.