Chapter Nine

Ash's Pov:

I woke up to Pikachu sleeping right next to my head. I slowly got up and turned my alarm off.

"Good morning Ash" Lillie said still laying on her bed.

"Good morning Lillie, how was your sleep?" I asked her.

"It was amazing, I wish I could've stayed sleeping though" She replied.

I chuckled at her response and took a shower. After we had gotten ready for the day we headed towards the restaurant.

As I opened the door for Lillie I noticed how beautiful the morning was. The sky was orange and purple and the slight warm breeze of air was refreshing. I could tell Lillie loved it as well.

"Hey Lillie?" I asked.

"Yes Ash?" She replied.

"Wanna take a walk instead of going for breakfast?" I asked her.

"I would love to!" She replied as we turned the other way and headed for the park.

As we walked through the park I could feel my face get hotter as I reached out my hand for Lillie's. I retracted my hand as a thought of Serena passed through my mind. 'Why do I keep thinking of Serena when I'm with Lillie?' I asked myself. 'That isn't gonna stop me from trying with Lillie, clearly Serena would never like me anyway!" I convinced myself as I reached for Lillie's hand once again. This time it was met with hers and we continued to walk.

"A-Ash, did you mean t-to grab my hand?" She said with a crimson red face.

"Yeah, why?" I asked with a crimson red face 

"N-Nothing" She replied as the smile grew bigger.

We walked through the park and turned around when it was time for school. We got to school and headed for tutor. After tutor I had gym class which passed pretty fast. Nothing happened at break and before I knew it I was in Pokémon training.

I looked around but couldn't seem to see Serena anywhere.

"Ash, Serena wont be in today" Professor Oak told me.

"Oh, okay. Any reason why?" I asked in confusion.

"I cant say, sorry Ash" He replied.

"Okay" I replied with a defeatist voice.

The lesson seemed boring now and after ages it finally finished. I headed to lunch.

As I got there I realised everyone was already sat down. I got closer and Lillie motioned to sit next to her, which I gladly accepted.

"Hey Ash, how was your lessons?" Dawn asked me.

"Very boring, yours?" I asked.

"Same" She replied.

Lillie moved her chair closer to mine and I saw Serena flash into my mind once again. 'I wish my mind stopped doing that!' I thought to myself.

"I cant wait for tomorrow, its Friday" Gary said.

"That's a bad thing, there's a test tomorrow" Misty replied.

"I kinda forgot about that" Gary replied as Misty slapped him on the back of the head jokingly.

"I cant understand you two" Dawn said making them both look at her.

"What do you mean?" Gary asked.

"Like do you genuinely hate each other or do you secretly like each other?" She asked making Misty go bright red and making Gary confused.

"H-Hate, definitely hate!" She said trying to cover her raging blush.

"I'm confused on what your talking about" Gary replied.