Chapter Nineteen

The heat of summer continued its final breaths as Autumn was on the horizon. The scorching sun didn't stop Dawn and I from running to the restaurant though. We were the first to arrive, other than a very familiar face.

"Hey Ash!" Serena shouted to me from her table.

"Hey Serena!" I shouted back, walking towards her.

"Wait Ash stop, what do I do? What should I say? That's the Kalos Queen, you can't just act normal in front of her," Dawn told me, holding my arm stopping me from reaching my destination.

"Actually, that's the best thing to do, just be yourself Dawn," I told her, releasing my arm from her grip.

I took a seat next to Serena and I could see her cheeks going light pink. I assumed it was the heat but I wanted to make sure.

"Hot?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's really hot in here," She said, going slightly more red.

"Agreed," I replied.

Dawn sat across from us and kicked me. She looked at me and kept moving her head slightly, motioning it towards Serena.

"Oh yeah, I need to introduce you to Serena," I said, figuring out what she was hinting at.

She facepalmed and both her and Serena giggled.

"What?" I asked in confusion.

"Don't worry about it Ash," Dawn told me.

I was still really confused.

"Serena, this is Dawn, Dawn, this is Serena," I told them both.

"It's nice to meet you Dawn," Serena said with a smile.

"Nice to meet me? Nice to meet me? What?" She kept asking Serena, or herself, I'm not really sure.

"Are you okay?" Serena asked Dawn, I replied for her.

"She's fine, I'm assuming it's just because you're Kalos Queen."

Serena giggled.

"Excuse me your majesty, I'm very sorry," Dawn said, making Serena and I laugh.

Dawn just looked at me with fury, making me become silent very quickly.

"No need to apologise or call me your majesty, I'm just normal, like everyone else here," Serena explained to her.

Dawn seemed incapable of understanding what she said. Serena looked at me and we burst out laughing. We didn't mean it in a bad way. Dawn was going so red, making Serena and I laugh even more. After 10 seconds we calmed down a bit. Dawn looked so confused.

"Dawn, just be yourself like I said," I told her.

Most of the gang then walked through the door.

"ASHHHHHH!" Gary shouted at the door.

"GARYYYYYY!" I shouted back.

We both laughed as we gave each other a quick bro handshake. We then moved the tables to make one big one. There were 8 people there. Misty, Dawn, Gary, Brock, Iris, Chloe, Serena and me. Two big tables next to each other so we could all face one another.

I sat next to Serena and faced Gary. To avoid everyone Serena sat at the side end of the table. Across from her was Dawn, who didn't really get the memo earlier. We soon finished breakfast and left for tutor.

Tutor had some information about last night.

"Listen up class, a new school rule has been set. There is now a curfew at 7 o'clock, this is to prevent anyone getting hurt. If you go to someone's dorm and accidentally stay longer than 7, you have to stay in that room. There's no leaving rooms past 7 o'clock, cameras are everywhere in this place. We have the right to severely punish you or kick you out completely. No matter how much you complain, this rule is staying!" She told all of us in a firm voice.