Chapter Twenty

Serena's POV:

I woke up to the sound of my alarm ringing in my ear. It's the second day of school and I'm already getting tired of waking up this early. I had a shower, got dressed and left for breakfast. I have to be the first one there for safety reasons, stupid if you ask me.

I got there and grabbed my breakfast. I sat on a big table all to myself, hoping that Ash would get here early enough, and fortunately for me, he did. I saw him enter the restaurant and my eyes lit up. I could already feel my cheeks getting hotter.

"Hey Ash!" I shouted at him from my table.

"Hey Serena!" he shouted back, walking towards me.

I saw a girl grab his arm to stop him from coming near me. What's her problem? Is she like his girlfriend or something? He released himself from her grip and took a seat next to me. The girl sat across from him.

"Hot?" He asked me.

"Yeah, it's really hot in here," I said, going slightly more red.

I took a deep breath, this is going to be difficult.

"Agreed," He replied.

I think the girl was trying to tell Ash something but I couldn't figure it out.

"Oh yeah, I need to introduce you to Serena," He said.

The girl facepalmed and she and I giggled.

"What?" Ash asked in confusion.

This made me giggle even more.

"Don't worry about it Ash," The girl told him.

He still looked so confused. It was really cute.

"Serena, this is Dawn, Dawn, this is Serena," He told us both.

Cute name as well? She must be Ash's girlfriend.

"It's nice to meet you Dawn," I said with a smile.

"Nice to meet me? Nice to meet me? What?" She kept asking me, or herself, I'm not really sure.

It took me a second to figure out why she was acting like this, then I remembered I'm Kalos Queen.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, Ash replied for her.

"She's fine, I'm assuming it's just because you're Kalos Queen."

I giggled at his words, it's like we're on the same wavelength already.

"Excuse me your majesty, I'm very sorry," Dawn said, making Ash and I laugh.

Dawn gave Ash the death stare, making me laugh harder and Ash go completely silent.

"No need to apologise or call me your majesty, I'm just normal, like everyone else here," I explained to her.

Dawn seemed incapable of understanding what she said. I looked at Ash and we burst out laughing. We didn't mean it in a bad way. Dawn was going so red, making Ash and I laugh even more. After 10 seconds we calmed down a bit. Dawn looked so confused.

"Dawn, just be yourself like I said," Ash told her.

I was about to tell her something before I saw 5 people walk through the door. One of them shouted at Ash.

"ASHHHHHH!"

"GARYYYYYY!" Ash shouted back.

Ash's facial expression said it all, he looked so happy. My heart warmed, so did my cheeks, and a smile appeared on my face. We made one big table and I sat at the end of it, obviously next to Ash. I had quite a laugh watching Dawn try and speak to me. I wasn't trying to be mean but it was too funny not to laugh.