Chapter Fourteen

I woke up, drenched in sweat once again. I looked over at Dawn to see her completely dry, no sign of warmth at all. 'How is that even possible, it's boiling in here,' I said to myself. I looked at the weather for the day and it said it could go up to 35°C. A/N: I'm English so that's why it's in celsius, it's 95°F for any american readers.

I then got out of bed, had a shower, changed and somehow Dawn slept through it all. I was about to wake her from her slumber when I was beaten to it by a Piplup.

"ARGHHHHH!" Dawn shouted, jumping out the bed and landing on the floor in pain. "Why would you do that Piplup?!"

"Pip?" Piplup said, trying to act innocent.

"Don't ever do that again, the floor is really hard!" She shouted.

"Want any help?" I asked her.

"Yes please," She said while holding onto my hand and letting me pull her up. "Wow you're a lot stronger than I thought."

"Haha, just because I look skinny doesn't mean I'm not strong," I told her.

"You're just full of surprises aren't you?" She winked and went for a shower.

She got ready and before we knew it we were at the restaurant, trying to think of something to do. Luckily, we wouldn't have to wait long to find out. All our friends entered the restaurant and sat with us.

"Do you two wanna come to the city today?" Gary asked us.

Before we could answer Gladion butted in.

"I'm not sure that's the best idea Gary, Lillies finally back and her one wish was to be kept away from Ash, we can't really bring him with us can we?" He told Gary.

"Yeah that's a good point, well, Dawn do you want to come with us?" Gary asked her.

"Sure, I'll get my money after breakfast," She told them.

Did no one care that I was going to be left alone the whole day? I guess my question was answered when they all left for the city, without me. After a while I figured out what to do.

"Hey Pikachu, wanna see if we can find any new pokemon?" I asked him.

"Pika Pi!" He said enthusiastically.

There was a forest not far from the academy, tons of wild pokemon from all regions. It was also a good way for Pikachu to gain some more experience fighting pokemon. We got a taxi and were dropped off at the forest.

It had a small stoney, sandy path that you could follow all the way to the other side. The trees were all overgrown and flourishing in the heat of summer. It was also overrun by pokemon, bird pokemon in the trees and bug pokemon on the ground, they covered almost every meter of it.

We walked for a few minutes before a clearing appeared in the forest. It was for trainers who've met each other to battle. I walked through and was stopped by another trainer shouting at me.

"You must battle me!" He shouted.

The trainer was in all black, black shoes, black joggers, black hoodie and you couldn't see any of his face. Mysterious as he was, I wasn't worried. I did notice the 6 pokeballs on his belt though.

"What are you waiting for? Stop staring and get this started!" He shouted at me again.

"Alright, Pikachu, I choose you!" I shouted as Pikachu leaped from the side of my leg onto the grass battlefield.

"Hahahah, weakling. Mankey, I choose you!" He shouted as Mankey was released from his pokeball.

"You're welcome to go first," I told him.