Chapter Seventeen

Serena's POV:

I woke up excited for a new chapter in my life at Kalos academy. I can leave the stresses of being Kalos Queen for a year and just enjoy school. Though I'm not excited about having everyone obsess over me. I like to say I don't mind people doing it but sometimes it is a bit much. It's like I can't have a normal life, but hopefully that'll change.

"Serena breakfast is ready!" My mum shouted from downstairs.

"Coming!" I shouted back.

I ran downstairs, hand on the railing so I didn't fall down. I jumped onto the ground floor and I felt dust in my hands. 'These rails need cleaning' I told myself quietly as I wandered into the kitchen.

"Oo this looks yummy, thanks mum," I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"No problem, you deserve it, I'm so proud of my little girl," She said, giving me kisses on the cheek.

"Mum stop, that's enough!" I told her, pulling away from her grasp.

"Sorry, now eat up, we have to be there very soon!" She told me, which I responded to hastily.

I ate my pancakes quickly and ran straight back to my room to get my bags to put them in the car. As we were leaving I looked into the house and realised something. I was so caught up in being Kalos queen I had completely forgotten that I was leaving my house, my home, everything I knew for a whole year.

I huffed and said, "I'm gonna miss this place."

"And it's going to miss you, now get in, otherwise we'll be late," My mum said.

I didn't exactly want to at that moment but I knew I had to. I said goodbye and left for Kalos academy. After a short drive we arrived at reception.

"Well I guess this is it honey, you'll have the best time ever, by the second lesson you won't even remember me," She told me.

"That's not true Mum," I told her, giving her a ginormous hug.

"We'll see, now go enjoy yourself, I'll be ready to welcome you back when it's over with open arms," She said, letting a tear leak from her eye. She returned the hug and walked to the car.

"I love you Mum!" I shouted as she got in.

"I love you too Serena!" She shouted back, leaving me with the receptionist.

I arrived really early so I could get to my dorm without a crowd of people following me. Sometimes I wished for an easier life, but then again I really enjoy what I do. I just hope within the first few days everything calms down and I can be treated normally, like everyone else. Some people named Tracey and Bianca helped me get my things to my room. Apparently I had to be in my own dorm for safety issues, another great perk of being famous. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

I had about 30 minutes to myself before I was escorted to lesson. I had to arrive a tiny bit late to tutor so no one would see me around school before it starts. I really hate being famous sometimes. I know I'm making it my personality but it does get to me a lot. Like, I haven't seen my old school friends in two years, not because I left school, because I'm too famous so it's unsafe for me to be around them.

Anyway, this was it. I was outside the door that would enter me to my first class of the year. My hand shook as I grabbed the handle, it almost froze my hand on the spot. The door handle sent shivers down my spine as I pulled it down and pushed forwards, opening the door.

"Ah Queen Serena, you're here, you can sit there," The teacher told me.

I was unfortunate enough to sit next to someone who clearly didn't get taught social cues as a kid. He was non stop speaking, fascinated in the science of Pokémon performing. My face glowed with confusion and he still carried on. I then had people from other desks tapping my shoulder to get my attention. Seems like the person I'm sitting next to, and everyone else in this class, didn't learn respect either.