✨-4-✨

A/n: hey! So I decided it would probably help keep me on track with updates if I set a schedule on when I'm gonna update, so I decided I'm going to publish a chapter of this AU every Friday from now on.

"And here we have the fearsome King of demons facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock," Luz said in a funny accent as she filmed King trying to get his snout out of a sock decorated with ducks.

He successfully tore apart the sock and stomped on it "Where are you now ducky sock!" He yelled in triumph. "King, didn't you ask me down here for a reason?" Luz asked trying to get King back on topic "Oh yeah!" King exclaimed as he ran over to a board covered in a red cloth.

He pulled the red cloth off with dramatic effect. "Demons 101!" He said as he twirled and put a fancy professor hat on. Luz slightly clapped as she stared down at her phone. "Demons are known for being alone of the vilest beings on the boiling isles. But at the same time, they are EXTREMELY sensitive." King started his lecture.

"That being said, they are still some of the most feared beings on the Isles, especially the snaggle back!" He dramatically pointed at a picture of a pink beast with a blue spiked shell. "He is fierce!" Luz said as she took a video and started putting little faces all over the video. "Hey! Pay attention!" King said as he started getting annoyed with Luz.

Suddenly little pitter-patter was heard from the roof. Luz gasped and ran outside "I love the rain! The best time is when you get to feel the first couple of drips on your face!" She said as she faced the sky.

Then she saw a little flower and bent down to meet its height. "I bet you like to feel the first couple of drops too!" She spoke to the flower. Then a small drop landed on the flower and it began to wilt. "Huh?" Luz asked as felt a hot drop of water hit her arm. "Ow!!" She yelled out.

Hunter came running towards the owl house "Boiling rain! Everybody get inside!!" He yelled as he scooped up Luz and threw her inside. "Phew! That was close. I'm just glad no one got hurt!" Hunter exclaimed. Luz grunted as she tried to get up from the broken pile of stuff. "I'm ok!" She said sarcastically.

Everybody moved outside, underneath the protection of Hooty to watch Hunter create a protection spell over the owl house. "Luz you gotta be careful! The snaggle back feasts on lost souls who roam the woods in the boiling rain!" Luz got a little scared but then looked at King's excited demeanor and got a little concerned "If that guy is so dangerous, why do you look so excited?" Luz smirked.

King giggled. "This could be a perfect lesson for you!" King exclaimed. Hunter finished the protection spell and walked up to the 2 talking. "Hey, Hunter?" Luz asked. Hunter hummed a response. "Why do people call you the red warrior?" Luz asked curiously. "Because I drink the blood of my enemies!" He exclaimed. "And by enemies you mean apples right?" Hooty said sarcastically and Hunter grumbled. " I think its because he just likes the color red," King said blankly. "That's not necessarily true! I like a lot of  colors." Hunter grumbled. "Really?" King asked "Really." Hunter stated. 

King pulled out a pack of pens of all sorts of colors and they all lit up. "Here Hunter I have too many take whatever color you want!" Hunter's eyes widened and he immediately grabbed the red pen and admired it. "See, and he likes shiny red things," King said teasingly. Hunter stared starry-eyed at the pen and Luz snatched it out of his hands. "Hey!! Ugh, whatever, I need sleep." Hunter walked into the owl house. 

"Hunter! I was thinking maybe today you could teach me a spell? Or anything really." Luz pleaded. Hunter grumbled "No. I'm going to sleep" Hunter stated as he fell into the couch and covered himself in a blanket. He settled and smiled as he started to drift to sleep. He then heard the glowing red pen from earlier clicking. "Sparkle thing." He said as he quickly sat up and gazed at the pen that Luz was holding, "Oh boy what a sparkly red pen I have here!" Luz teased.