✨~6~✨

As Hunter shuffled the cards in his hands, he gazed into Flapjack's eyes. "Luz, it's essential for every proficient witch to be adept at playing Hexes Hold'em, the boiling isles' most popular game," he remarked. As he placed down a card, a surge of electricity ran through the cards, causing them to stand up and clash against each other.

"When it looks like the cards are stacked against you..." He led on and started pulling out a card. "You pull out the wild card!" He pulled out a card and placed it on the table. Flapjack's cards burned up and he spread his wings to signify that the game had ended. 

"Hunter Wins." Appeared in fire above the burned cards. "Yes! I love the smell of a fresh win in the morning!" Hunter shouted triumphantly. "Uhhh Hunter...?" Luz said scared as she pointed at the feathers poking out of Hunter's arms. "That's not good." He said as he rubbed his arms. He walked over to a cabinet where he keeps his elixirs and opened it. "Huh. Looks like I'm out." 

"Looks like we are going to the market!" He said with fake enthusiasm. "Market!" 

"Morton!! Open Up!" Hunter yelled as he pounded his fist against Morton's potion shop. "Man don't you love people watching? Everyone here is so interesting!"  She pointed at some people who stepped into an egg and rolled off. A small demon girl chased after the egg "Wait! Darn, it." She kicked a rock. "The curse of tiny legs," Luz said as she stared at the poor demon. "I know the pain," King said with remorse. 

"Hunter who are those people?" Luz asked as she pointed at a group of rambunctious individuals. "Those are demon hunters. They catch the most feared and horrible beasts on the isles, which I'm going to become soon if you don't open up!!" Hunter pounded on the window again.

Luz walked off and Hunter continued to have a conversation with Morton as he finally opened his shop. 

"What do you mean you are out?!" Hunter yelled. "Well jeez H! Why did you have to wait till the very last moment to stock up!" Morten accused. "I've been... busy!" Hunter tried to think of an excuse. "Yeah, busy playing Hexes Hold'em." King scoffed. 

"I have not!" "You're playing it right now." King pointed out and Hunter looked down at the deck of cards in his hands. "Am I winning?" He asked. "Listen I wouldn't recommend this to just anyone, but if you really need that elixer I would try your luck by coming by later tonight," Morton whispered. "At the night market?" Hunetr's eyes widened. "There is a guy there, he goes by Grimhammer, if there is anyone with the stuff you need, it's him." Hunter nodded. 

"Friends! Oh no! Why do you look so sad? Who hurt my babies?!" Luz said as she ran over to Gus and Boscha. "Nothing, tonight is a midnight conjuring and Willow invited everyone but me." Gus drew a circle in the air and a scroll came out showing a post from Willow. It had her and her friend group all posing and it said, "No dorks aloud!" Underneath the picture. "Ugh! I can't believe she would do that!" 

Just then Willow and her group walked by. "Oh no, half-a-witch didn't get invited to a moonlight conjuring?" A witch with brown hair pulled up into a bun teased. "Lay off. It's not his fault he was born without talent." Willow said trying to get The brown-haired witch to stop. The rest of the group laughed and they kept walking. Gus' face flushed red from embarrassment. 

"Oh come n! I say we have an even better moonlight conjuring than those jerks could ever have!" Luz cheered. "Come on I'll go ask Hunter!" Luz cheered as she ran up to Hunter. "Hunter, can I have a moonlight conjuring tonight?" Luz asked. "No. I'm going out tonight and I need you to watch the house." Hunter stated firmly. "But I-" "End of discussion. I have to go out and King you're coming with me. I need extra eyes to look out for pickpocketers." He cut Luz off.