First Date Take 2 -Chapter 12

It's a new dawn, It's a new day....And I'm feeling good. How original of me to quote a song. However, I do not care cause today my friends is going to be the first day of the rest of my new life. Not even the whole Kyle and Miya situation could bring me down. Home coming is in a few days and dare I say it ? I might even go.I got to school the earliest I've ever been. Emma, Sean and Alana were already there in home room.

"Good morning guys, how are we all?" I couldn't even try hide my huge grin. The three looked at me with great thought, mildly confused.

Without even a word, Emma stands up and gives me a hug. She pulls back and looks in my eyes, her smile growing bigger and bigger. "I missed this Ivory" she hugged me again. I didn't even need to ask her what she meant, I knew she was referring to the fun, happy Ivory that existed before summer. I laugh and squeeze her tight.

Just then Nathan comes in, looking as handsome as ever. He comes over to us, brushing his fingers through his hair. I give him a small smile which he returns. Emma gives me a look that tells me she knows something happened between me and Nathan. Knowing Emma she will be bursting to find out every single detail. To tell the truth I couldn't wait to relive the moment through telling her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We should go on a first date" Nathan whispered to me in World History.

"We've already been on one remember?" I whispered back, keeping my eyes on the white board, taking notes.

"No, I want to redo our first date, have a much better one." Nathan replied. 

I looked at him and smiled, "Okay"

"Great, Ill collect you at 8" Nathan broke out in a grin.

"What?" I said a little louder then I meant to.

The teacher stopped the lecture to scold us, after apologizing I whispered to Nathan, "Today? But I have a chem test tomorrow"

"Come on, live a little" Nathan teased, giving me a cheeky smile.

"Fine, but no Taco bell this time" I teased back.

"Oh of course not, I'm thinking something way fancier..." Nathan paused, "A Cheeky Nandos Mate" 

I couldn't help  laughing out loud, earning me another scold from the teacher but I didn't care it was worth it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how did I end up rushing around my bedroom while Nathan blew his car horn from outside my house, signalling me to hurry up. As if I was just strolling around in here! I have to admit I had put off getting ready until the very last second because I was trying to cram for the test. 

I threw on a pair of skinny jeans with a white shirt and a pair of nude heals, with my makeup also having the nude/natural look. Once I was finished I rushed downstairs, said the quickest goodbye in the world to my mother and hopped into Nathan's car.

"You took long enough" Nathan laughed, earning himself a very unimpressed stare from me. Nathan revved the car and sped off.

"Can you maybe slow down?" I asked, holding nervously onto all the handles that were available. 

"No can do or we will miss our booking" Nathan said coolly, bringing it into sixth gear.

"You'll kill us both or someone else" I remarked, holding tighter on.

Just then Nathan stood on the breaks. I flew forward at the force of the breaks stopping. We were going twice the speed limit now we are going  way below even half the limit. Nathan looked like stone, all of a sudden his rosey cheeks drained of all colour. His hands were holding on so tightly around the steering wheel that they were turning white.