Chapter 2 Doesn't he know it's RUDE to stare?

Chapter 2

"Ivory!" a familiar shrill scream came from the crowds of people.

I got out of my crappy car and smiled once I saw Miya running towards me. She was a little on the curvy side but she had beautiful blonde curly hair and chocolate brown eyes, she was really pretty. She was also the one I was  closest to. I don't really have best friends, just a group of friends. I like it like that, especially lately when I just wanted space.

"Miya!" I replied giving her a hug. She pulled away and held me at arms length, she studied me like an atomic bomb.

"I'm okay, really I am." I reassured her and put on my best genuine smile.

"Of course you are, its you!" she joked and then pulled me off into the crowd of people. A few people turned their heads and gave me sympathetic looks before turning back around to gossip about me. How I love school.

"Ivory!" a couple of my friends said in unison. They crowded around me and one by one gave me a hug.

"It's been so long, guys" Emma, one of my friends said to the group. Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"So what did everyone get up to during the summer?" Mike another one of my friends asked. Everyone turned to him and gave him a scolding look, then turned to me and gave a sympathetic one. I hated it so much, I mean I felt like putting duct tape around their faces so I didn't have to see that look. Okay maybe that's taking it a little far, people might think I was crazy if they could hear my thoughts.

"Oh! Ehhh... Sorry." Mike looked at me and apologised.

"Seriously guys its okay. You don't have to tiptoe around me as if I’m a bomb. I'm a big girl, I'm not going to be upset if someone talks about the summer." I tell them all. Everyone nodded their head.

Everyone stayed silent, things got really awkward. I sighed softly and walked away. Stupid friends, stupid school, stupid world, stupid everything!

I walked into the school, ignoring all the looks and stares. I opened my locker and filled it with all my books, then I took out the ones I needed for my next classes. I turned around and Nathan caught my eye. He was wandering around alone, I remember what it was like to be the new kid with no friends and have no idea where to go.

I walked over to him, he stared at me the whole time. "Need someone to show you around?" I asked, thinking he would jump at the idea.

"No, get the fuck away from me bitch." He sniggered. My jaw dropped to the floor. Did he just say that to me?

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow. A few people looked at us, the new kid and the depressed girl were talking.

"Look, just because I brought you to hospital doesn't mean we're best friends. Got it? Now fuck off." He took a step towards me.

"Listen asswipe-" I was seeing red, I couldn't help but scream at him. So that was the perfect time for the principal to walk by.

"Ivory Williams!" She called out. I winced at the sound of my full name and slowly turned to face her. She gestured towards her office. I groaned before slowly making my way there, not before giving Nathan the middle finger.

I sat in the uncomfortable leather chair, the principal sat at her desk. I heard the class bell ring, great now I'd have to explain why I was late.

"Ivory, I know it's been a hard couple of months but you can't take your anger out on the new student. If you ever want to talk about it, I'm always here." She told me. I tried not to laugh at her sad attempt at consolidation. 'If you ever want to talk,  I'm here.' yeah like no one has offered that before! Maybe I don't want to talk about it, did they think of that?

"Yes miss, thank you miss." I replied and put on my best fake smile.

She smiled back and continued,"Now go on to class."

I nod and exited. I made my way to class and explained that I was at the principal’s office. With a nod of approval from the teacher, I sat down in the back. Why was Nathan so rude? What could I have possibly done to upset him? Maybe I should have stuck with my last plan of avoiding him like a plague.

It finally was time for lunch and I couldn't wait for this day to just end. I sat at my usual table with my friends. They seemed to stop talking about whatever it was once I sat down. Yay, now my friends are even gossiping about me, like it wasn't bad enough the whole school was.

The conversation turned to something about a new mall opening up, but it still was really awkward. I looked around the cafeteria and spotted Nathan sitting on his own in the corner of the room. Good, he deserved to be alone.

"Ivory" Emma called my name.

"Yeah?"

"You blanked out there, we were wondering if you wanted to go the opening of the new mall with us?" She asked. Everyone looked at me.

"When is it?" I asked.

"Tomorrow, after school." Miya answered me.

I thought about it, did I really care about some mall? No, not really but it would be good to go out with my friends. "Yeah, sure."

"Yay! It's going to be so fun!" Emma clapped her hands in delight. I rolled my eyes at her and continued eating silently.

The last bell of the day rang, signalling our freedom. I made my way to my old beat up car and started the engine. Cursing my radio for breaking, I sat in silence while I drove. Silence is bad, because you can hear your thoughts, thoughts you would rather not hear.

I pulled into my driveway and slowly made my way into the house. I looked around, my mother wasn't home yet. I went to my room and slammed the door, homework can wait.

I reached under my bed and pulled out a half drunk bottle of vodka. The clear liquid swished around the smudged bottle. I grabbed a nearby glass that was laying around, maybe I should clean my room. I slowly poured the liquid into the glass then I raised it like I was giving a toast.

"I drink to you Dad." I brought the drink to my lips and took a hefty gulp. Bringing the glass up to my lips again, I took another gulp. The liquid burned my throat but made my body feel warm and numb.

From the corner of my eye I could see a figure standing at the window directly across from mine. I got off the bed and squinted my eyes to see who it was. When my eyes focused I could see Nathan, he was looking at me with no emotion, his face completely blank. He looked pretty retarded, okay maybe he looked more like a sex god but he's still an asshole.

I grabbed the edges of both my curtains and with full force, I pulled them across the window. That would teach him that it's rude to stare.