When I say TOTALLY, You say AKWARD. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Yesterday is history,

Tomorrow is a mystery,

And today is awkward.

"Listen Ivory, he only asked me last night and I tried to ring you but your phone was off and I didn't get to see you alone but I swear I was going to tell you. Anyway I'm not going to accept it, you're my best friend and I wouldn't do that to you." Miya rambled on so fast that I barely understood a word she said.

Kyle, Sean and Jeremy reached us just as Miya finished the sentence. Emma and Alana noticed them and walked over too.

"So you ladies nearly done?" Kyle winked at us, lingering his eyes on Miya a little longer. God, how stupid was I not to notice the obvious chemistry! Miya blushed and looked at me apologetically.

"Well I'm about to pay for this dress but Ivory hasn't picked one yet." Alana replied, nodding towards me.

"Eh, em-I'm not em, going to homecoming so I don't need a dress." I stuttered.

Okay so you are probably wondering about me and Kyle. Well ever since grade school, I’ve had a huge crush on Kyle so you can imagine how happy I was to find out Emma was one of his best-friends. During the first two weeks of Summer, Emma, Miya, Sean and Jeremy were all either at relative's houses or abroad on holiday. Since we didn't know Alana at the time, it was just me and Kyle. We spent a lot of time down by the local lake just hanging out. You can imagine how happy a teenage girl would be spending a lot of one-on-one time with her crush.  

One day it was really hot, both of us were dipping our feet into the lake while discussing about comics.

**Flashback **

"No way, Superman would so kick Spiderman's ass." I remarked, giving Kyle a small shove.

"What? Spider-man has webs coming out of his fingertips! Now tell me that isn't awesome." Kyle remarked before pretending he was Spiderman and shot imaginary webs all over the place. I giggled at his childish ways.

Kyle stopped what he was doing and began looking at me. He had a charming smile while his floppy blonde hair mopped across his face and his bright blue eyes sparkled in the sunlight. It was easy to have a crush on him. He was perfect. He was funny, good-looking, charming and he was just so cute. I felt like stretching out my hand and running it through his messy hair.

Kyle's gaze dropped from my eyes to my lips. My breath hitched and time seemed to stop. I still remember the fast pace of my heart as Kyle inched closer and closer until his soft lips touched mine. I responded almost immediately and instantly began to run my fingers through his hair. The kiss only lasted about ten seconds. We stared at each other for about a minute afterwards smiling. Then Kyle walked me back to my house, not before pecking me on the cheek and giving me a wink.

I immediately rang Miya and told her how amazing it was. I was officially in love with the idea of love. The next day, Miya and Sean returned from wherever they were. Only Miya knew about what happened but Sean had no clue. Kyle and I didn't get any time alone after that day and we didn't talk about the kiss. Kyle and I did exchange flirtatious smiles and he held my hand a couple of times when no one else was looking. My life seemed to be going perfectly.

That was until the accident.**

"Doesn't that sound like a good idea, Ivory?" Emma smiled, bringing me out of my flashback. I looked at her confused while raising an eyebrow, I had no idea what she just said.