First Date x Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"So where are you taking me?" I asked for the hundredth time already today.

Nathan looked at me and smiled softly, shaking his head."Like I've said before, I'm not telling you."

I rolled my eyes. I have been pestering him about the date all day but he hasn't given in. I wanted to talk to my friends about the date so badly. The person I would love to tell is the person I hate at the moment.

Sitting at lunch today was painful because Kyle and Miya were all over one another. At least Nathan sat with us and diverted the conversation whenever it landed on the hot topic of the new couple.

I was now currently walking to my car beside Nathan. School had finally ended and I couldn't contain my excitement.Nathan walked me to my car, "Thanks for bringing me to school." He smiled.

"No problem" I laughed. 

"So...I'll see you at 7 then." It came out more like a question then a statement.

"Yeah see you then" I replied.  Nathan awkwardly leaned towards me and I thought he was about to kiss my lips. But he didn't...Another kiss on the cheek. He pulled away and walked to his car, not before flashing me a crooked smile.

A large smile broke out onto my face as I got into the car.

I haven't been happy like this for months.

____________________

When I got home my mother wasnt there. I hoped that she'd be staying late at work today so she wouldn't call me a million times to see if I'm okay.

After getting a shower and changing into one of my nice dresses,  I got to work on my hair and makeup.  I just blow dried my hair and left it naturally wavy and I applied a thin layer of foundation to cover my spots. A coat of mascara and some lip gloss and I was good to go.

I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded in approval.  My dress was a light blue and was quite loose on me. If I was being honest, it looked more like a day time dress then an evening one but it was all I had. I paired this dress with a pair of nude pumps.

A knock came from downstairs and I grabbed my purse, legging it down the stairs as quickly as possible. Patting down my hair before I opened the door, I was greeted with a handsome looking Nathan. He wore dark wash jeans and a pale green shirt. His hair stuck up in all directions.  A smile broke out onto his face when he saw me.

"Good evening, you look ravishing" 

"Ravishing? I didn't know my grandpa was taking me out." I sniggered, linking arms with him and walking to his car.

"I promise you wont think that by the end of the night." Nathan winked as he opened the passanger door for me.

I rolled my eyes and climbed in. Nathan got in a second later. "So" I clapped as Nathan started the car, "Where are you taking me?" 

"It's a surprise." Nathan looked over to me and gave a cheeky smile. I sighed in defeat and leaned back further into the seat, might aswell get comfortable. 

We drove in comfortable silence except for the sound of the radio in the background. I watched Nathan's fingers tap the steering wheel to the beat of the music, I couldn't help a small smile to appear on my face. 

I saw a McDonalds in the close distance, "Are you seriously taking me to McDonalds?" I raised both my eyebrows.

"Well not anymore." he joked,we both broke out into laughter as he past the fast food retuarant.