Qualifiers

It's the qualifiers for the Nationals in Japan and the score is 2-2 and it's already at the 90 minute mark with 2 minutes of Extra Time. The center back tackled the attacker and stole the ball, then he lobs the ball over to the right wing.

He runs the ball up to 5 meters away from the corner of the box when he sees me cut behind the defender marking me, and then, he sends a clean fast ground pass that's a couple meters ahead of me. I get to the ball and now it's a 2v1 with the goal keeper and the center back right behind me.

I dribble to the left and now I have the chance to blast the ball past the keeper. I plant my right foot, aiming at the goal. I bring my left foot back and swing.

The keeper starts falling backwards with his hands raised, trying to block the ball from going in but he was too late. The ball flies past him in an instant and goes into the top right corner of the goal. Swish.

I turn around to my whole team running at me with looks of happiness and disbelief.

We all colapse into a pile and then my friend, Akuma, says, "Man, every time you score a goal it always goes to the net in the blink of an eye. And when you score you look as if you're sparkling. No wonder your name is Aki"

"Hey, your pass made half of that goal. That pass was amazing you demon." I said.

We both walked back to our coach and the rest of our team. He congratulates us and starts a speech but I've been thinking about how great that goal felt. I kept looking at the other team upset, and then something began stirring inside of me.

What is this feeling that's making me tremble in excitement?

"..and that goal by Ki-kun was truly spectacular."

I snapped back to reality.

"Thank you Coach."

He nods with a smile. "The media wants to interview you"

I looked around for the reporters and ran over to them, then I stood next to the person interviewing me.

"Aki Ginga, what an amazing hat trick, how do you feel about possibly facing against the young star of Japanese football, Kira Ryousuke?" The reporter started.

"Thank you. I feel pumped and ready to face him. I want to beat him and continue growing. Then I want to go into the World Cup and win, and then be the World's Greatest Striker"

"That's amazing, I wish you luck Ginga-kun. Now, how does it feel to be half Japanese, and a talented footballer, and make it to Nationals?"

"Well I'm just grateful to everyone for supporting me my whole life. My parents have always been supportive since they love football. My friend over there who helps me on and off the field. And to God for blessing me with everything I have."

"That's truly a beautiful support system. Thank you Ginga-kun, it was nice to meet you." The reporter said.

"Thank you and the pleasure is all mine."