Meeting

"Ryosuke Kira, huh.."
I had to ride my bike back home due to both of my parents working but I don't because riding home is always peaceful.

Once I got home I was greeted by the smell of my mom's delicious miso ramen.

"You makin' ramen tonight mom?"

"Yea! It's for your win and going into the Nationals!"

"Oh, y'all watched it?"

My dad walked into the living room greeting me.

"Yeah, we took off work early and watched it being broadcasted on TV." he said.

"Took off work early!? You didn't need to do that."

"Of course we had to. We're proud of you making it this far doing the thing you love."

"Thank you." I laughed

We all sat at the table after I finished showering and started eating the food.

"Oh, Ki-chan, you got a letter from the Japanese Football Union."

"The JFU?"

I opened the letter reading:

Aki Ginga
You have been selected for a special player training program.

'Special player training program'? I wonder what we'll be doing there.

After dinner, I sat on the couch and watched the full game of Kira's game against Ichinan High. Two goals were scored before the 90 minutes and the second must've been tragic for that Isagi guy. He had the chance to score but he passed it and his teammate missed the shot.

Also, I thought Kira would've been the center of my attention but this Yoichi Isagi caught my attention. He has amazing Football IQ and it seems like he can see the whole field which is crazy.

The next morning I said bye to my parents and went to the address the letter stated. When I walked in there was a whole crowd of faces I've seen and ones I haven't.

"Wait, isn't he the Sparking galaxy of that one team?"

"He's here too?"

Did they really make my name a nickname? Not gonna lie, that was pretty funny.

Everyone turned around as 2 people walked in, Ryosuke Kira and.. wait, Yoichi Isagi? He got invited too? I'm surprisingly glad he did, but wait, why am I glad?

He scanned the room looking at the big names in here and then our eyes meet. His face lit up a bit and then he walked over to me.

"Ginga-san?"

"Just call me Aki. I don't mind."

"Ah ok, I saw your hat trick yesterday and those shots are way too fast!"

I laughed "Thank you for watching me play, I saw you play yesterday and you're actually good at football."

"Thank you so much!"

"No problem."

We bumped fists and smiled at each other then the lights turned off when a tall guy with glasses walk on stage.

"Congratulations, you untutored lumps of talent."

Everyone was silent.

"According to my biases and judgement, you three hundred are the best strikers under 18. My name is Jinpachi Ego and I was hired to make Japan win the World Cup."

Everyone started whispering amongst each other.

Kira whispered "Y'all know this guy?"

"I don't."

"Me neither."

"I'll plainly say this, only one thing is needed for Japanese football to ride to the top. The birth of a revolutionary striker. With you 300, Ima conduct an experiment to make them World's Greatest Striker."

The world's greatest striker...here?

"Look up here. The facility to do that is, Blue Lock. Starting today you all will live together and complete the training I've put together. You cant go back home and your football careers before this are over. But I promise you this, whichever one of you out of the 300 survives, will be the World's Greatest Striker. That's it and thank you."

With that the lights were back on.