Chapter 6: Into the Tunnels

Zach kept sinking and sinking into the snow until he started falling, deeper and deeper into the center of the Mountain.

SPLASH

He landed in some water, swam up, and gasped for air.

"Oh gosh...." he exhaled, "I'm inside the Mountain..."

He looked around to see a bunch of caves and tunnels everywhere. It was very overwhelming.

"How am I supposed to get out?" he asked.

SPLASH!!

Something fell into the water... There was someone in there with him..!

He quickly got out and ran into one of the caverns

"You lost him?!" shouted a female voice in the distance, "How can you be so DUMB!?"

Zach kept running until he found himself in a cavern filled with different plants, it looked almost like a garden.

He walked around quietly, hoping no one was in there.

But he couldn't move. Something was wrapped around his leg tightly. He looked down and saw a weed wrapped around him like a snake.

"What the?!" he said.

Then another vine wrapped around his right arm, not letting go. That's when he saw a figure pop out behind some bushes. Zach couldn't see their face, but he could tell it was a girl and she was really small.... and one of the Draconics

"Sorry..." she trailed a high, but sweet voice, "I have to do this..."

Zach suddenly sensed another figure nearby. It had bad energy. He looked over and saw another one. He was also short, not as short as the other one. He could see his wings glow a bright red.

That's when he noticed a ball of fire form in his right hand.

"Well I'm not sorry at all," he said and threw the fireball toward Zach.

He ducked as best he could, the fire was able to burn the vine on his arm, and fell to the ground, and the other one hit the other Draconics in the stomach.

"OOF!!!" she screamed.

"RINY!!!!!!!" the male shouted.

He ran towards her. Zach was able to cut the other vine with his pocket knife and ran.

"YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!" the Draconic shouted.

He kept running until he approached another cavern. This one was extremely dark, You couldn't even see the walls of the Mountain. Zach pulled out some flint he brought with him, grabbed a stick he felt on the ground, and lit it up.

Once he had light he was able to see what was in this cavern.... a ghastly sight.... chilling, to say the least..... inside the cavern were a bunch of stone statues... all of them had faces of fear and pain.

That's when Zach noticed.... this is where all the missing people had gone... all of them statues.... just lifeless and in pain.....

WOOSH!!!

A sharp stinging pain was felt on his cheek as a trident made a small scar on his face. Zach started to run again into the next tunnel.

Zach finally made it out.... but only to find himself back at a big opening... with water...

He was back where he started.

Did I go in a circle? But I was going straight the whole time? Where am I supposed to go? How do I get out of here? How-?