Chapter 8: Let's make a deal.

Zach didn't hear a sound. Nothing.

He felt a gust of wind behind him and turned around... Nothing... Zach was wondering if doing that was the right move...

That's when he felt two arms grab him and left him up from the ground, not by much, just a foot... But it was still a surprise.

"AH!" he screamed.

He turned. It was Vatten.

"What part of "Don't come back here" do you not UNDERSTAND?!" he said.

A bunch of dark mist emerged from the darkness, and Noapte appeared.

"Do you have to do a dramatic entrance?" asked Vatten, annoyed.

"Is what I do best... hiding in the Darkness," Noapte answered, bleakly.

Zach's heart started beating. One Draconics is bad enough.... but two of them. He went back to what his grandfather said, "Do not be afraid".

"I'm not afraid of you," Zach told them,  not breaking eye contact with Noapte. Despite not being able to see his eyes at all.

Noapte didn't make any kind of face or expression or anything. He put his hand on my forehead.

"Oh you will be..." he hissed.

Just then he blacked out.

Zach found himself on top of a very tall mountain, so tall he couldn't see where the ground was. Zach's heart started it racing as he backed away, only to find another ledge, and no way down, he was trapped. He started inhaling and exhaling quickly, almost having a panic attack...

"Is not real. Is not real. Is not REAL!" he repeated in his head

Even though it felt very real to him.

If it couldn't get any worse.... it did. He felt two hands behind him push him over the edge. Zach looked up at who it was... it was his father...

"I wish you weren't my son..." he echoed.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!" Zach screamed

"THAT'S ENOUGH NOAPTE!"  shouted a female voice scream.

Zach finally snapped out of it. He was still in the mountain with Vatten and Noapte.

In the distance, Obi, along with Shams, Brann, and ShinRin, flew down toward them until they landed just a few feet away from them. She walked over to where Zach was

"That's enough," she repeated, "Vatten put him down. Both of you are behind me."

Vatten let go of Zach as he collapsed onto the ground. Both he and Noapte flew back towards Obi with the other Draconics.

Obi walked towards it, each step coming up intensely.

"Why are you here?" she asked firmly.

Zach got up from the ground, "To get Devin back".

"Well you came here for nothing," Obi said casually, " He's not going anywhere! "

"Please... if anyone should be turned to stone here it should be ME! I'm the one that brought him here, he didn't even want to come here..."

"Well maybe you shouldn't have brought him here in the first place human... so that's on you!"

"My name is ZACH!"

"I know what your name is...  Besides... you'd think we'd just let him go like that?!"

"Let him go... and let me take his place... turn me into a statue".