Chapter 11: In Charge

Two days later...

An arrow zipped through the air, shooting down a rabbit.

"Thirty..." Zach sighed as he put the crossbow down "... How many rabbits do six Draconics need...?"

Once he was done hunting, he returned to the mountain only to see the Draconic chatting on the grounds. Obi wasn't there.

"I never see Obi hanging out with any of the other Draconics at all," Zach thought to himself, "When she does come out she always seems so sad... I wonder why that is...?"

All the Draconics noticed Zach walking towards them and they all stopped talking.

"Hi, Zach!" ShinRin cheered.

"Oh uh hi," Zach replied, "What're you guys doing?"

"Why do you care?" asked Brann, rudely.

"Hey!" Shams scolded, "Knock it off, you don't have to be rude to the person that cleans your caverns".

"HMPH"

Shams shakes her head and sighs.

"ShinRin was just telling us things about the humans," said Vatten, "Based on what you have told her".

"Oh, I see".

"Is so AMAZING!!!" ShinRin cheered, "Your Human life sounds SO interesting!"

Brann's face turned bright red in anger as he stared down at Zach. Zach gulped.

"I have a question about Human books," said Vatten to Zach, with a book under his arm, "Why do you always draw dragons like this?"

He opened the book he was reading the other day. It had a drawing of a knight fighting a Green Dragon with two legs and two wings.

"Dragons have four legs, not two. And why are they always green? They come in more colors".

"Uhmm... I- I do-"

Brann peaked at the drawing, "Not to mention that Human is trying to kill it with an IRON sword... Dragons can only die with an Obsidian or Netherite Weapon, everyone knows THAT!"

"I- A  what-? and what- ?"

"Humans don't know what that stuff is," said Obi suddenly. She was flying down towards them with a gray hood on. "I'm heading to the human village. Does anyone want me to bring anything while I'm there?"

"Maybe another book," said Vatten.

"Some more seeds for me!" said ShinRin

"A Sword Sharpener," said Brann looking at Zach.

"Some cow or lamb meat," said Shams.

"Poison..." Said Noapte.

"Alright," said Obi. She shook her head a bit and her scales disappeared and her sclera went from black to white. She flipped her hair back revealing her human appearance.

Zach watched, probably a bit more than he should have. Which Obi quickly took notice of.

"What?!" she scolded.

"Uhm! Nothing..." Zach stuttered.

"... Ok...? " Obi continued, confused, "I'll be back in a bit. Shams you're in charge".

"You got it," she said.

"What?!?!" Brann asked, annoyed, "Why HER?!"

"Because I don't trust you," Obi replied.

She flapped her wings and flew off, back towards Zach's village.

"I thought you guys never left the mountain?" Zach asked the other Draconics.