Chapter 10: Back off!

After an hour or so, Zach finally finished cleaning up Shams Cavern, there were a lot of golden scales laying around and snakeskin. As well as what seemed like bones from a rat.

That's when Zach suddenly felt something vibration in his plaid shirt pocket. He reached into it to that the compass had started glowing a bright red color. The arrow started to move around in circles until it landed on the fire symbol.

Brann's Cavern.

Once he was done he, looked for Shams. She was sitting at the edge of the cave facing the ocean view. She moved her hands around and her wings started glowing. The sun's rays moved to different parts of the cave, brightening up the place.

"Hey Shams," I finished

She stopped what she was doing to pay attention to Zach. "Ya?"

"I- I finished cleaning Everything".

"Oh, thank you, Zach! Where are you heading now?

"Brann's cavern"

Shams Flinched a little. Zach started to head towards the Stairs until Shams grabbed his arm.

"Uhm... just one quick word of advice be very careful-"

"Ya I'll be careful with the stair-"

"Not the stairs!- Be careful in Brann's cavern... it's a bit dangerous... you're not resistant to fire."

"Wait what?"

"Just be careful..."

"OK...?"

Confused, Zach didn't question it or anything and, carefully, walked down to Brann's cavern.

As he followed the compass, he found himself going deeper and deeper into the Mountain. You couldn't see the sunlight anymore... only the light from the lava. That's when he made it to Brann's cavern.

If you would even call it that...

It was this big ledge will a big lava pool and weird red, blue, purple, and crimson-colored trees around. There was fire everywhere. There was also a lavafall that went down to a bigger lava lake. There was also a cave hiding in the ledge.

Stone stairs soon appeared from the mountain that lead into that cavern.

Zach hugged the wall and started to go downstairs, still thinking good things.

"Mom's peach pie... Aunt Willow's Oatmeal cookies... Playing fetch with Max..... Uhm... what else... Uhm... OOF?!?!"

Zach stumbled and fell onto the floor near the lava lake, missing it by just a few inches. The heat hit his face.

"Oof!.. I have to pay attention where I step..." he grunted while getting up, "There are some flaws to this technic... sigh..."

Zach looked around. He couldn't see Brann anywhere. He walked carefully around the edge, on one side was lava, the other a fall... one falls move and that would be the end. Once He made it to where there was safer ground, away from any edge, he kept looking for Brann.

"Hello!" Zach shouted, "Anyone here!... You called for me?!"

No answer.

OINK!

A small grunt sound came from behind Zach. Quickly, he turned, looked down, and saw... a pig... at least, what he thought was a pig. It had red splotches all over him, it had a long tusk and had red eyes.

"Oh," said Zach, trying to sound as casual and calm as possible, "Hello there. Are you another Animal guide?"

The pig snorted and shuck its head up and down.