Sneak Peak: Masquerade

Ten Votes and I did as I said I would. I would like to know how many of you want Sky and Bella to be together forever. Thanks to those who vote and comment. I want 11 votes for the next chapter if you guys don't mind. Please comment.. wel anything. Feel free to write me jokes, tell me about your lifes, or say anything about my story. If you hate it go ahead and tell me. Of you think I'm doing something wrogn tell me. Since I'm in Cape Town I feel more up to writing. Thank you CT air!

xoxo

The soft folds of music were streaming through the room, soft and seductive. People were lining the walls, dressed in all sort of extravagant dresses and magnificent suits. But what was really the object of amusement were the masks. Every face a different shade or type. Everything was there. Animal, dancer, Moulin Rouge, beautiful peacock feathers, and even Phantoms of the Opera masks.

I turned to smile at Sky. He was dressed as an aristocrat. A black suit was very beautifully fit to him with a red shirt. For his mask he wore a deep red mask that covered most of the upper half of his face with red, white and black feathers fastened to it. He looked magnificent.

 I leaned up to kiss his lips and his hand rested on the end of my bodice.

 I looked ahead of me at the commotion Alice and Jasper were making in the far corner.  Alice was dressed as Red Riding Hood. She was wearing a very long black dress with a ruby coloured cape over it, with the cap up. Her dark hair was sticking up in every direction and on her face was a plain black mask that covered the upper half of her face. Her blood red lips pouted out of the darkness and blew kisses at the many admirers.

Jasper was standing next to her with a lofty air about him. He was dressed in his old confederate outfit with pride. The beautiful creamy material went perfect with his tousled blonde hair and yellow eyes. He smiled a white smile at me through his white crescent mask and winked.

 I smiled back before turning my attention to Rosalie and Emmet who were off in their own world. Emmet was leaning over to peck Rosalie’s golden cheek. He was dressed as a gladiator of Roman times. A white tunic was wrapped around his waist and secured up by a thin black belt from which hung various weapons (or torture instruments from the look of them). His chest was bare and rubbed with self tan lotion, so much so that he practically glimmered with residue of the light. Around his neck was a thick leather cord and from it was hanging a bear tooth that he went out just a little while ago to pull from the mouth of a grizzly. Over his face was an old gladiator face cover he is now using as a mask.

 I shook my head and turned to watch Rosalie swat him away from her perfect golden face. She was dressed in a character that suited her perfectly, Cleopatra. Her long golden hair was hanging down her back to touch the soft folds of her long white dress that showed of her golden skin more than usual. A snake bracelet was curled around her upper arm and her eyes were pointed cat-like. The different patterns painted on her skin complimented the simplicity of her dress. Across her face was a mask of a bird (phoenix) that made her look like she belonged in a museum display rather than being a human (well vampire) being. She was perfectly smooth as she fixed the gold, ruby crown at the top of her head. With a flick of a stray hair over her shoulder she turned to speak with Esme. Esme was beautiful to put it lightly. She was dressed as Kristine from Phantom of the Opera. She was wearing a long white dress with a black feather mask coming over half of her face. Her gorgeous hair was in spiral curls all around her slim shoulders and complemented her soft pink lips perfectly.

She was cuddled lovingly into Carlisle’s arms. He was dressed as, surprise surprise, the Phantom of the Opera. His black tux was fitted perfectly with a deep red waist coat and a billowing black coat that trailed after him wherever he went. On his hip a silver fencing sword was strapped and his hair was made to look slick but still messy at the same time. His face was covered in the half white mask that the Phantom of the Opera always wore. He looked magnificent as did his wife.

 With a gentle smile he pulled her onto the dance floor and mixed in with the many dresses. One of which was Heidi’s deep red Moulin Rouge dress. She was wearing the classic Satine dress. It was deep red and fitted tightly to her body with a ruffle tail at the back of it that made a trail. Her arms were tucked into long black gloves that made her look very seductive. Her hair was teased and curled and pinned up to make the perfect up-do. On her face was a red and black mask that was complimented with glitter and fine delicate feathers placed on it. Her dangerous smile was hooked into the guy in front of her.

A sudden flash of colour pulled my eyes to look at the far corner of the hall. Jane and Alex were smiling ravenously at people who kept commenting on how ‘cute’ they looked. Jane was dressed as Goldilocks. Her usual straight blonde hair was made into billowing curls that were secured by a few pins into a perfect main. Her soft blue dress was tight at the top and suddenly billowed out and came to her knees. The mask she wore was of plain ivory set atop her face like a piece of her and decorated with blue trimmings and twining.

Next to her stood Alex in his assassin outfit. It consisted of a black tunic tied together with a red satin belt and long black boots that covered the billow trousers he wore. His face was covered completely in a black mask that had a few feather attached to it. His hair was combed to look very beautifully messy yet still perfect.

They were drawing a lot of attention, almost as much as Felix and Demetri. Felix was wearing a Dorian Gray outfit. A black suit with a much defined golden cigar box in his breast pocket. A lit cigar hung from his lips as he puffed the white smoke around him. He wore the same mask as the one Dorian Gray wore in the movie. A very beautiful piece of art.

Demetri was dressed as a knight from the olden ages. He wore silver crest and outfit that was polished to a very bright shine. On his head was the knight helmet that they wore. I asked him earlier were he got it from and his only reply was: “Just a little souvenir from when I was younger.” I thought better than to ask out more.

A sudden void of music brought everyone to attention. Sky leaned down to peck my cheek before headed into the now very attention giving crowd. Aro, Caius and Marcus moved closer to me. The ball was ready to begin.

Aro hooked his arm into mine lightly as the usual music for our entry begun. I followed as Aro lead me out into the ballroom, Marcus and Caius flanking us. They looked very handsome. They each wore a dark suit with an accent the same as their mask.

Aro wore a red mask and a red scarf.

Caius wore a blue mask and a blue shirt.

Marcus wore a crisp white mask and crisp white handkerchief in his breast pocket. They looked very dashing to say the least. I myself was in an extraordinary dress. It was an old Victorian dress. It consisted of a very tight bodice made from a deep black material. It had red trimming on the top and led down to a wide and billowing skirt from a very smooth red satin material draped over a black skirt. Worked into the many folds and confides were white trim. Around my neck hung the blue Hope diamond on a thick black cord. My mask was an assortment of colours on a black pallet. There was red, blue, white and splashes of purple. Feather came along one side of it and trailed to intertwine with my dark curls and run down my back.

I walked with my escorts to the stage, followed by the stares of our fellow vampires. Once there I took my seat along with Caius and Marcus. Aro stood up front to welcome the guests and start the ball.

“Welcome to the annual Volturi masquerade ball. As you can see Isabella Diamond has rejoined us in our reign. Our beautiful queen,” Applause sounded from the audience and I smiled at them in return, “I hope you enjoy the festivities. Feel free to drink and dance. Bute before we start the music, I believe a certain someone has an announcement to make,” Aro said and looked into the crowd, “The floor is yours Sky.” He went back to his place next to me.

Surprised I watched as Sky made his way over to the stage, got on it, and accepted a microphone from Marcus.

“I have an important announcement to make to your beautiful queen.” Sky said and turned to face me, handing the microphone back to Marcus.

Astonished I watched as he slid down on one knee and...