⊱𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒⊰

Nari 

Why did I bother? Why do I waste my time? Trying to be kind; constantly wasting my energy on cold and calloused people. What was the point? Angry thoughts raced through my head as I pulled my hood over my head and started jogging. 

I jogged down to the local park and went through the long path that was lined with cherry blossom trees, their branches intertwined in the middle, forming a canopy. The flowers on the trees were ready to blossom as spring drew closer. Petrichor emanated from the trees and grass as the cold wind whistled by, blowing the nostalgic scent throughout the park. The sun peeked through the branches of the trees, rays of sunlight occasionally lapping at my skin making me feel slightly warmer even as the icy wind fought its way through the park.

Roughly 30 minutes later, I started making my way home. When I got in I was met by my mother, a frown knitted deep in her brows.

"Why on earth would you leave your phone at home? Your boss was calling you." She spoke, holding up my phone that I had purposely left at home. How can you blame me for wanting to relax without having my peace and quiet disturbed by phone calls and email notifications. I took my phone out of my mother's hand and slipped it in the pocket of my leggings.

"I must've forgotten it." I lied, making my way upstairs into my room.

"I suggest you call them back and apologize. And profusely at that!" 

She yelled, as I walked up the stairs. When I got into my room I slipped off my shoes and jacket and flopped down on to the bed. As I scrolled through my phone I noticed the several missed calls from Chaesoo and my agent. What on earth was so important that they had to call me so many times? I dialed Chaesoo's number into my phone and waited for her to pick up. Almost immediately I heard her voice yell down the phone.

"Why are you ignoring my calls?" 

"I'm not. I went out for a bit and I didn't have my phone on me." I explained. "Did you need something?" 

"I don't know what's happened between you and Eun-Jae but you need to apologize-"

"Excuse me? I need to apologize? I did nothing wrong. And if you don't know what happened why are you saying that I need to apologize?!" I exclaimed, quickly sitting up from my bed. I was in complete shock. It was obvious that Eun-Jae had talked about what had happened the other night but why did she make it look like I had done something wrong?

"Look-" Chaesoo began.

"I'm sorry but if Eun-Jae wants an apology she needs to come and ask me for one, because I didn't do a single thing wrong. As a matter of fact she is the one who has been extremely unprofessional and rude since I met her!" I said, raising my voice. I got up from my bed and began pacing my room. What the hell had Eun-Jae told Chaesoo? Why was I the one that needed to apologize?

"Well-"

"No, let's not forget  the casting, the photo shoot and even the first time I had met her after my last show. It has been blatantly obvious that she doesn't like me; she may not say it with words but I can tell through her body language and the way she acts around me." I said, gradually feeling more and more aggravated. "I was just trying to find out why. What I had done so wrong for her to hate me. Can you blame me for wanting something as simple as an answer?"

"Eun-Jae doesn't hate you Nari, I think you're going a bit far now." Chaesoo voiced sternly.

"Yes she does. She told me." I murmured. That wasn't exactly true but she did admit it when I had asked her the question. 

"Nari I- Well- I'm sorry for accusing you of doing something wrong. I'll talk to Eun-Jae and try and come up with a resolution." She offered, apologetically.