⊱𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏⊰

Nari

I woke up to the feeling of something heavy on my thigh, I tried to prop myself up slightly before quickly realizing that the weight that I was feeling on my thigh was Eun-Jae. She was sleeping soundly, small soft snores released as she breathed. I tried my best to move her off me without waking her up but she stirred slightly, turning her body over so that she was facing me. I tried again before deciding it would be best to wake her up since it would happen anyway.

I tapped her on the shoulder, hoping she would wake up quickly as my leg was starting to hurt after being asleep for so long with Eun-Jae lying on top of it. She groaned quietly and I tapped her again, to make sure she wouldn't fall back asleep again. Slowly sitting up, she rubbed her tired eyes before quickly realizing where she had woken up from. She glanced at me and looked down at the sofa before mumbling a 'sorry' and got up, tiredly stumbling off to her room. I quickly remembered that I hadn't moved the knife from her room. Just as I opened my mouth to call out her name I heard her shut her bedroom door. I hope she was okay... Maybe she would be too tired to remember it was there. I sighed, slightly annoyed that I hadn't done something about the knife last night but I was a bit distracted by the fact that my leg was hurting like hell.

Although the circumstances weren't great, it was kind of cute that she woke up on my lap considering how much she wanted to get away from me last night even though she was the one who asked me to stay. I smiled slightly before stretching my leg out and standing up to go to my room praying that she had gone straight back to sleep and not questioned or tried to find out why my hoodie was on her bedroom floor.

I lay on my bed aimlessly scrolling through my phone when it suddenly hit me how long it would take for everything to heal, for me to get back into a routine, for me to go back to work if I could go back to work with this stupid scar on my face. I lifted my hand gently running my fingertips over the gauze on my cheek. I wanted to get it removed or at least reduced but it was crazily expensive and I would probably have to dip into my savings a little and I would have to wait to get the stitches removed before I could even think of getting some sort of laser therapy and that in itself would take at least a week and I didn't know if I could keep avoiding my reflection for that much longer.

I put my phone down, sort of just staring into space; it was like everything was finally settling in. The pain. The boredom. The fact I could lose my job. The hospital bills. It was all too overwhelming. Plus what was I going to do with myself till then? It's not like I could get a part-time job or something till I healed, it's like my whole life had come to a halt. I was just... there. Not doing anything, not being anything. I felt useless.

Eun-Jae

I was lying in bed, checking my emails when I noticed one from one of the seamstresses at work, my fabrics had finally come in, and she was asking if she should start on the designs or if I wanted to come in and check everything was there. I opted for the latter and began to get ready. I slowly got out of bed before noticing a hoodie on the floor. It wasn't mine. It was Nari's? What was it doing here I swear I saw her wearing it last night. Just as I was about to pick it up I quickly remembered.

"Last night..." I whispered to myself, taking a step back and quickly rushing myself into my ensuite bathroom. My breathing quickly became panicked and I started picking at the inside of my thumb with my index finger. Last night... How could I forget? Why didn't I get rid of the knife? Why is it just sitting there? What do I do? I wanted to call out for Nari but there was a lump stuck in my throat, choking my words. I quickly decided to just get the clothes I was going to wear and just get ready in my bathroom. I slowly slipped out of the room, making sure not the look at the hoodie. Tears began to roll down my cheeks as I hurriedly took out what I was going to wear and my jewelry.