⊱𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕⊰

Eun-Jae

I sat there silently, staring at her as the busy life of the hospital bustled around me. She still hadn't woken up, she lay there peacefully, the rhythmic sound of the monitor echoing in the background. I wrung my hands in my lap nervously. Two broken ribs, whiplash, concussion, a sprained ankle and a fractured arm. The doctors said that she was okay but I couldn't help but worry. I also couldn't stop think about what Nari had said earlier. Did she really think she was ugly now? Just because of a few cuts? I stared at her sadly knowing that when she woke up she would not be feeling any better than when she had crashed. Maybe it would be best if I left. After all, she wouldn't be in this position if I had just apologized properly in the elevator. I really hope she wasn't blaming herself. This was mainly my fault.

I slowly stood up, keeping my eye on Nari but occasionally checking to see if anyone, particularly relatives were walking towards the room. The hospital should've called her parents by now, plus I did call Chaesoo to let Nari's agent know that she was in an accident so I assume that her emergency contact would've been called, and hopefully, that would mean calling her parents. As I walked towards the door, pulling it open, I heard Nari's voice. It was coarse and low but I definitely heard her say my name. I kept my hand on the door handle, questioning whether to turn around or not. Questioning whether she wanted to see me or not.

"Eun-Jae?" I heard her say softly, for the second time.

I took a long deep breathe before turning around. She was staring at me in a daze, her eyes barely open. 

"What are you doing here?" She croaked, trying her best to sit up.

"I saw you at the accident. And you were hurt. I wanted to make sure you were okay." I explained quietly, stepping forward. "And don't try to sit up you'll hurt yourself."

"Why do you care? You've been rude and distant to me since I started working with you and all of a sudden you care about me? Can you please make up your mind." She said, looking away from me.

"I know and I'm really sorry. I understand we got off on the wrong foot but I would like to try and keep this behind us." I said, coming to sit down on the seat next to her bed.

"Us? We? I'm not the one who started all of this. Your the one who had a problem with me just because I reminded you of your ex boyfriend. How unprofessional can you be?" She sneered, looking at me, the hatred obvious in her gaze.

"Sorry? Unprofessional? What are you even saying right now?" I yelled."You have no reason to discuss my personal life in such a way-"

"Realistically I do, your the one who likened me to your ex. Not me. This isn't my problem! It's yours!" 

"Nari stop!" I yelled, tears brimming my eyes.

"Why should I? You brought me into this-" She shouted, sharply sitting forward. She immediately stopped, grabbing her rib. She began to gasp and cough, deep red blood sputtering past her lips as she coughed, standing out like beacons against her pale porcelain skin, dripping down her chin in what felt like slow motion onto the light blue sheets. 

I stared at her, trembling in shock before stumbling towards the door and quickly grabbing a nurse. One of them rushed in and called few more nurses and a doctor. I was eventually kicked out of the room, staring at the chaos that I had started from behind the glass screen. I did this. This was my fault. If only I had just left the room. Why did I have to argue with her? But why was she so angry? I thought she was fine earlier, before the accident. I know I was still a bit 'salty' when we spoke about the whole situation in Chaesoo's office but I thought she forgave me?