⊱𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐⊰

Nari

I fell back into my chair, running my hand through my hair. What was I thinking? How am I ever going to face her again, let alone live in her house? I started nervously biting on my lip, thinking about what to do. Should I call Chaesoo? She would probably kill me if I told her what happened. I finally decided to call her since I didn't know the address of Eun-Jae's apartment complex. I quickly scrolled through my contacts found her number and called it, anxiously waiting for her to pick up. I hope she wasn't too busy. She finally picked up and I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Hello? Chaesoo?" I spoke.

"Hello? Who is this?" She questioned.

"It's Nari, have you not saved my number yet?" I asked, feeling somewhat surprised.

"Ah Nari, I did it's only because I got a new phone recently." She explained. "I haven't spoken to you in a while are you doing okay? I heard you got into an accident?"

"Yes, I'm doing fine. I was calling to ask if you were at work today?"

"Yes I am, I'm on my break right now what do you need?"

"This is very out of the blue but I was wondering if you could drop me off at Eun-Jae's place, I'm in one of the design studios right now and she kind of left me."

"Left you? What do you mean? And aren't you supposed to be resting, why are you here?" She quizzed.

"I'll explain later, can I just meet you in the parking lot?" I said, starting to leave the studio.

"Sure I guess, I'll meet you down there in a bit."

"Thank you so much. I'll hang up now" I spoke, quickly hanging up, shoving my phone in my pocket, and leaving the room as swiftly as I could despite my sprained ankle. 

I finally got to the first floor and made my way to the parking lot. I waited outside hoping she wouldn't take much longer when I noticed her walking towards me. She finally reached where I was standing and started walking past me, toward her car. I followed her, hoping she wouldn't ask for too much detail regarding what happened. 

"So what happened exactly?" She asked, reaching into her pocket, and pulling out her car keys.

"We just got into a small argument that's all." I said, trying my best to avoid the question.

She glanced at me, skeptically, as if she didn't believe what I was saying. She pressed a button on her keys, unlocking a white BMW. We walked towards it and she asked me to give her my crutches so she could put them in the back. I gave them to her and got into the passenger seat. Chaesoo came round and got in the car, quickly strapping herself in and backing out of her parking space.

"Had to be a pretty big argument if she left you there. And also why do you need to go to her place, you can call her?" She asked, leaving the parking lot and pulling up to a traffic light.

"I'm staying at her place for a while." I muttered.

"What did you say? I couldn't hear you."

"I'm staying at her place for a while." I repeated, my voice slightly louder this time.

"What? You? At Eun-Jae's place? No chance! You have got to be joking!" She exclaimed, laughing to herself.

I glanced at her quickly before directing my gaze down at my lap.

"What you're being serious?" She said, surprised. "This is fucking crazy." She scoffed, chuckling to herself in shock. "And why are you staying there if you don't mind me asking?"