Chapter 18

Song: Mo by Kamikaze

It had been a month since Itachi called Ino asking for an appointment with the endocrinologists in Sydney and the dreaded trip to Nara. Business wise the visit was a grand success for the company but a blessed downfall regarding the marriage alliance.  Parties on both sides were relieved when Shikamaru affirmed his suspicions of his troublesome cousin.   He revealed to the patriarchs of her secret love for a man from the Land of Water in Ireland and how they were conspiring to run away together in avoidance of a marriage with Itachi.

Undeterred by Fugaku's disappointment with the failed plan, on the flight home Itachi discussed in detail the medical procedure they were wanting to look into and was once again shocked by his father's unchallenging compliance, in fact insisting upon accompanying them to Australia.

The Uzumaki couldn't be still even if his life depended on it and he hadn't stopped talking since they woke up to boarding the private jet.  Mikoto chuckled at the exuberant energy coming from him, joining in on the excitement of visiting the land down under. It was way too early for Sasuke to deal with all the chatter so he just glared at the group with hopes for some quiet time, causing the others to laugh quietly at his misery.

"New South Wales Sydney,  a population of over four million with low crime rates. Highlights to visit include the Opera House, the Great Barrier Reef and the Harbour Bridge. I can't believe we're really going!"  Naruto cheered looking up from the brochure.
"But most importantly, we'll know if I can carry a child."  He quietly said laying his head on Itachi's arm.  "Is it possible to be nervous and electrified with excitement at the same time?"

Itachi smiled fondly at him as he watched Naruto start flipping through another one of the brochures that they had picked up from the travel agency yesterday, hoping his excitement wouldn't turn into sheer disappointment.

Once they had landed, Itachi had to wake Naruto who had fallen asleep, having worn himself out after about two hours into the 12 hour's flight. The weather was sunny but not too hot with temperatures around 70 degrees Fahrenheit, a perfect day in the Uchiha's mind. Their appointment wasn't until later in the week so they opted to spend the rest of the day relaxing at their hotel which was located by the harbour.  They were staying in the hotel's suites that had panoramic picture windows allowing its occupants a spectacular view of the crystal clear ocean.

Sasuke and his parents soon disappeared to their own perspective rooms with plans to meet in the morning for breakfast and Itachi and Naruto retired to their adjoining rooms. Although, the jet had more room to stretch out, Itachi's leg was bothering him from the long flight. Naruto suggested getting into the pool to do a few exercises and then relaxing in the jacuzzi with hopes of easing the pain enough for a peaceful sleep.

The past two days they visited the botanical garden parks and museums, enjoying the beauty and some history of Australia. Tonight they were heading over to the Opera House to see the performance of Madama Butterfly. Naruto was awestruck when they met up in the lobby, Mikoto dressed in a beautifully lace fuchsia knee length dress paired with classic high heels that enhance her natural beauty perfectly and Fugaku was dress in a black tuxedo with a bow tie that matched the color of his wife's dress.

The Opera House at night was captivating with its reflective lighting. It was one of the most fascinating nights that Naruto had experienced leaving him and Mikoto crying by the end of the show, but they could've sworn that the Uchiha men had moisture in their eyes as well.

The morning of the appointment came quickly and had Naruto's stomach in knots with a stitch of anxiety settling in his bones. He fussed over what to wear, finally choosing a pair of white dress pants and a orange long sleeved linen shirt. Opening the door that adjoined their rooms, Naruto couldn't help but suck in his breath at the sight of Itachi who was sitting on the edge of the bed. Handsome as ever he was dressed in a ice mint long sleeve Dior shirt paired with black jeans and low top oblique sneakers. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail and he was sporting the watch that he had given him the day he was discharged from the hospital as a going home gift. Naruto smiled at seeing the watch, it wasn't near as expensive as Itachi's basic wardrobe but he romantically recites to it as a treasured reminder of the ray of sunshine that captures his every heartbeats.