Chapter 29

For the most part Sasuke knew that he had a pretty good life.  Being born into wealth had its perks and falling into the high-end of the social structure that their father pushed to maintain, paid off in numerous ways, affording him everything that he could ever want and what others could only dream of having.

Unlike Itachi, he had more freedom outside of work and family obligations.  Fugaku's focus having always been with the eldest, grooming him to eventually take the reins of the billionaire corporation left the scopes of opportunities open for the younger's freedom to explore the world, study abroad and even hangout with the handful of friends whom of course had proven not to be a threat to the family's dynasty.

When he was younger there were moments that he felt jealousy of his nii-chan.  Sure Sasuke would be a successor if anything ever happened to his brother, but even in those circumstances, he would be under the advisory of their uncle.  But as the years past and he became more mature, he realized how much his brother sacrificed for him, taking it upon himself to carry the burdens of the company alongside their father so that he could live like other young people.

It wasn't until Itachi fell in love with Naruto that things changed, not just for the older raven but for the entire Uchiha family.  It was as if a veil of merriment cascaded over their lives with the blonde's vivacious and effervescent spirit, affecting everyone in a special way including their father. 

Now, Sasuke avoided shopping at public places. He hated crowds and dealing with people in general but when a pair of blue puppy eyes coaxed him into driving to the city while Itachi was at a meeting he couldn't say no.

Witnessing how protective his ani has been of late with the pregnant lad, wanting him to rest and take it easy, Sasuke couldn't help feel sorry for the latter especially having experienced his brother's own protective hand whenever he was small as he was always keeping a watchful eye to make sure he didn't stumble upon a troublesome state of affairs.

At first Sasuke didn't quite understand the reason behind the expectant's persistence until he recalled what Itachi told him what had happened a couple weeks ago when Naruto was going through what the book he was reading referred to as the 'nesting' phase.  A stage where expecting mothers experience the overwhelming desire to get their home ready for the new baby. Itachi had called him one day needing to vent his frustrations at how Naruto was being uncharacteristically picky and sorting through what seemed to be everything in the house. Tidying and cleaning what he physically could and what he couldn't do he followed behind the maids to make sure things met his standards of perfection even washing and folding every piece of lien himself, including all of the twins' clothes. 

Itachi didn't say anything when Naruto was piddling around their bedroom downstairs, rearranging their closet, the dresser drawers and the expectant lad even rearranged his wallet.  But when the obsessed compulsiveness acts ventured into his office while he was at a corporate meeting, titivating the entire room including his clients files, causing him the torment of having to spend lengthy amounts of time to find their information he suitably lost his mind.

A rarity that happens.

Itachi furthered revealed that during this stage the carrier's mate needs to be supportive and not interfere. It was simply a function to make expectant mothers feel prepared, so he dare not say anything or complain not wanting to deal with that crisis. The overloads of hormones knowing it would surely ensue a breakdown of some sort.

Sasuke couldn't help but mentally laugh at his aniki's perplexing situation, who always seemed to be yawning on the high of his life with being in love.

"I know he can be a nuisance at times but it's only because he cares."  Sasuke said nonchalantly having listened to Naruto for the hundredth time cavil about his brother's vigilance.